Dakota Durango Forum banner

Box for a '99 Reg. Cab Sport

1K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  JohnnyKo12 
G
#1 ·
All right guys... need some suggestions here. I just bought a '99 Dak Sport. My first Mopar ever and I LOVE it. Gotta can the factory stereo though... maybe not anything like the WALL of SOUND yall got goin on... but i need something that gets a little louder. I got the 40/20/40 seat and I'm considering buckets with a box inbetween. There is MAYBE 8 inches behind the seat so i see no way of putting anything worth having back there. I'm on a bit of a budget here so i may not get it all rolling soon... but you can count on seeing something before long!! Thanks guys... BTW, if you look at the pics you can see the truck i was driving!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
8 inches is a decent amount of space. I got a buddy w/ a reg cab s10 that is doin 145dbs with one 10" sub. Just gotta make a killer box. If you got some patience and some time you can make a reg cab sound good. Just takes some fancy box buildin.

and btw, nice to see you got a better truck :)

G
#3 ·
So that's what i'm gonna need some help with. Like i said though, i'm kind of on a budget and I dont wanna win any competitions. I just want some nice, even sound... and maybe vibrate the rearview mirror a little... lmao. You said he was running one ten.. What kind? What kind of amp does he have pushing it? I've got a some decent skillz with wood, and this won't be the first box i've ever made, but all mine before have been for trunk space or for my old S10 Blazer. Can gaurantee though if someone will help me with some demensions and designs... i can build it. Thanks for the reply btw Johhny.. somehow i knew it would be you!!

#4 ·
The sub my buddy was using is a RE sexxx hybrid sub. Its a combination of 2 subs that RE makes. RE has some pretty solid woofers that can be had for a decent price. And he was using a Hifonics BX1000 for power on that 10, great budget amp :)

I can get dimensions for a nice box for ya from him, but I"m not sure if your cabin will fit it the same way as the s10 did. I'll just ask him if I can get some specs on it and you can go measure it out and see if it'll fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.