Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
pressurized
187 Posts
JohnnyKo12 said:
I think I'm the only guy in the world who gets this excited over fuse holders, lol :) Perfect for me though. I can run ANL's for daily and just drop in MAXI's at the MECA shows :):)

i never ran through in MECA before why would you have to have the maxi's for that is there something ih the rule book just curious

·
Car Audio God
458 Posts
pressurized2 said:
i never ran through in MECA before why would you have to have the maxi's for that is there something ih the rule book just curious
Nope, but from testing...to a lot of people's surprise...the MAXI's hold up better than the ANL's for high current short burps. And just so you know, inline power fuses are taken into account for pressure point calculations which lead to what class you are in for MECA :)

NG

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaah, the fuses themselves or the holders bigguy?

and yea NGSM is totally right. Your MECA class depends on your cone area and fuses. For daily driving I'll run up to 800 amps of fuses, which puts me in a super huge class. But with MAXI fuses I can get off a 3 second burp on 160 amps of fuses, which is def a lower class.

·
pressurized
187 Posts
ngsm13 said:
Nope, but from testing...to a lot of people's surprise...the MAXI's hold up better than the ANL's for high current short burps. And just so you know, inline power fuses are taken into account for pressure point calculations which lead to what class you are in for MECA :)

NG
cool i didn't no that about MECA i have never competed in it before

·
Registered
298 Posts
JohnnyKo12 said:
hahaah, the fuses themselves or the holders bigguy?

and yea NGSM is totally right. Your MECA class depends on your cone area and fuses. For daily driving I'll run up to 800 amps of fuses, which puts me in a super huge class. But with MAXI fuses I can get off a 3 second burp on 160 amps of fuses, which is def a lower class.
Both. lol. What size fuse for a 2kw RMS amp running 1/0 wire.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.