Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Mike
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom is going to get me a body lift for the dak for christmas and my tires are almost brand new...they are 265/75/16 almost 32". I dont plan on getting tires till they wear out because i think that would be stupid, but does anyone have any pictures of a 3" body lift on a truck with stock tires?...thanks

· Mike
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine are litte meater than stock and look more agressive than my dads stock goodyear wrnaglers on his dakota...i dont know if it'll look too bad or not..

I dont know if i should just wait till these tires wear out...their almost brand new (not in the pic) or just go ahead with the b/l.

· Registered
267 Posts
Hey, this might sound stupid, but could someone explain yellowkota's pictures to me a little bit more. I was curious about 2, 3, and 9. I was just wanting to know more about what all must be done when doing a BL, cuz I am going to get into one soon hopefully, and was just wondering is this out of my range for doing myself.

· Banned
6,056 Posts
The picture descriptions are as follows:

2. That is the steering arm, which needs an extension. The two bodylifts I have done on Dakotas needed some work to get it on. Just needed some filing and pounding to get it on.

3. That is the trimming needed for the lower fan shroud, and the lower radiator hose extension.

9. That is the shifter linkage for the transfercase. In order for it to work, it needs to get extended also. This only applies to 2000 or older trucks. 2001 and new have push button.

· Registered
13 Posts
i've done 3 body lifts, 1 on a 2500 chevy and 2 on 1500 chevys all we're 3" and to be honest, the stock tires on those trucks looked fine, and those tires were all 265 75 16's on a much bigger truck, id keep the ones that are on there for right now until they wear out or until you come across a deal on a set. body lifts pretty straight forward, pretty much what YellowKota2k is all that really goes into it, just watch your brake lines and wiring as you lift the truck off the frame. also when you unbolt the body, only unbolt one side at a time i.e. if your going to do the cab first, only unbolt the drivers side bolts first, but loosen the passenger side, then slide the blocks in and hand tighten the bolts. then do the passenger side, that way there is no way of the body moving around and causing you to have to re-align everything back up. good luck with the lift..good luck with it and post lots and lots of pictures! :mullet:

· Mike
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bmxdkj said:
i've done 3 body lifts, 1 on a 2500 chevy and 2 on 1500 chevys all we're 3" and to be honest, the stock tires on those trucks looked fine, and those tires were all 265 75 16's on a much bigger truck, id keep the ones that are on there for right now until they wear out or until you come across a deal on a set. body lifts pretty straight forward, pretty much what YellowKota2k is all that really goes into it, just watch your brake lines and wiring as you lift the truck off the frame. also when you unbolt the body, only unbolt one side at a time i.e. if your going to do the cab first, only unbolt the drivers side bolts first, but loosen the passenger side, then slide the blocks in and hand tighten the bolts. then do the passenger side, that way there is no way of the body moving around and causing you to have to re-align everything back up. good luck with the lift..good luck with it and post lots and lots of pictures! :mullet:
Thanks for the reply...Not sure when i'm going to go one yet. I helped my buddy put one on a toyota so i have an idea what to do already, there was a b/l on my truck before i bought so the radiator shroud is already hacked up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.