Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the 13 piece xenon body kit and i have put it on a few times now and it is getting old. i clean the peice and the truck with alcohol and then put the tape on the pieces then screw the bottoms on the peel the tape and push it on. then i give it a few weeks and it will come back off. the rain and dust wash right down into the tape and it ends up comeing back off. any suggestions?

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Yeah, drill some holes and bolt it on. SHould stop it from falling off

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
daksport35 said:
i have the 13 piece xenon body kit and i have put it on a few times now and it is getting old. i clean the peice and the truck with alcohol and then put the tape on the pieces then screw the bottoms on the peel the tape and push it on. then i give it a few weeks and it will come back off. the rain and dust wash right down into the tape and it ends up comeing back off. any suggestions?
If you want the kit to permanently bond with the vehicle, buy some strong epoxy from an automotive parts store and use it to stick the parts. I'm seriously contemplating doing that with my Cervini's rear quarter skirts since I already lost one off the vehicle and had to buy new ones.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Rather than alcohol, which is still ok for pliminary cleaning, try 3M's adhesion promoter. Even when you get it to stick, tape still sucks because you can see it. Like SinCity R/T said, there are epoxies designed specifically for bonding body trim panels and it is fairly permenant.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
I have had trouble in the past with my SS bumper cover coming up. It uses Double sided tape to stay on. So the last time, I took it to the body shop, told them to reapply the double sided tape again, but this time, also put pop rivets in the backside to keep it down. They are very small, probably 8-10 of them, and are also painted. Very hard to see because they are under the grille shell. Now, its not going anywhere. I will probably also have the same thing done when I get my body kit put on.

~CYCLONE_06

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.