1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
:slap:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Why are you on here trying to varnish a supporting vendors reputation. Don't you have some more pole to smoke before you get your checkbook build done.

Even if it did blow, what the hell does it matter. Find me a tuner that hasn't EVER blown a motor and I'll give you a dollar.

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
Why are you on here trying to varnish a supporting vendors reputation. Don't you have some more pole to smoke before you get your checkbook build done.

Even if it did blow, what the hell does it matter. Find me a tuner that hasn't EVER blown a motor and I'll give you a dollar.
its because of the individual that owned the truck

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
its because of the individual that owned the truck
Who cares who owns it? He didn't.

The only vendor that I bash, is one that directly robbed ME. And I only did after extensive attempts to settle the issue privately.

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
Who cares who owns it? He didn't.

The only vendor that I bash, is one that directly robbed ME. And I only did after extensive attempts to settle the issue privately.
i dont think his intent is to bash airram...just airram might be the only one to share the story since he is close to the owner of the truck and the story was deleted on another forum.

·
Let it SNOW!
4,152 Posts
this shouldn't be a flamefest.

it could either be a sad, depressing bad news story, or one of "you live, you learn" or "you gotta pay if you wanna play" or "practice makes perfect". either way, i would love to read about it. seems interesting to me.

don't start a damn fight.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
How about the guy who's motor got roached make a post in the engine section or general forum?

If it is the truth the owner might have something to say.

this shouldn't be a flamefest.

it could either be a sad, depressing bad news story, or one of "you live, you learn" or "you gotta pay if you wanna play" or "practice makes perfect". either way, i would love to read about it. seems interesting to me.

don't start a damn fight.

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
I had a main bearing spin in my 2006 4.7, locking the engine up.... Something it didn't like about shifting at 6,500 and a 6,750 rev-limit that was tested out more than a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAiJuUXUba0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwSZ89dt45A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAq9DW12Nzw
got pics?

When this happens there's friction from the two metals rubbing together and this causes wear on the bearing, eventually it can cause a very loud knocking noise that only gets louder until finally the engine seizes up.

i take it yours didnt make any noise?

·
Registered
418 Posts
got pics?

When this happens there's friction from the two metals rubbing together and this causes wear on the bearing, eventually it can cause a very loud knocking noise that only gets louder until finally the engine seizes up.

i take it yours didnt make any noise?
No pics, but it was the bearing that had the thrust face on it that spun. There was no loud knocking, just a small clunk and a light screech as it locked up at about 4,500 rpm.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts