Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered Loser
1,308 Posts
If it's intake side on the drivers bank I'd say you didn't have enough revs before hitting the cheater gas on your 4" stroker. If that is the case you could confirm by removing the passenger side head and checking for scratches on the exhaust side of those cylinders.

Intake side on the passengers bank... might be rings as said above. Uniform damage like that from debris through the intake is unlikely.
I've banged mine out of the hole with a 150 shot countless times and my cylinder walls don't look like that, even after 60,000 hard miles.

I'm thinking it may have been tuned super rich and the extra fuel washed the oil coat off of the cylinder walls. Either that, or the ring gap was set too tight for nitrous.

· Registered Loser
1,308 Posts
They're just trying to say; if you had too big of injectors in there and didn't tune for them, adding nitrous on top of that was just asking for it.

A 100 shot is fine as-is for a stock motor, because it's already tuned well enough from the factory. You were/are in uncharted waters, without some form of wide band gauge, and/ordata logging capability.

· Registered Loser
1,308 Posts
if you ever get the money you should look at forced induction.. until than disconnect the n2o man... its been nothing but trouble for my friends that have it. sure they all blow by me in a race but it never fails, in every truck ive seen it in they destroy the cylinders eventually
Then they're not doing it right.

I've run nitrous as my only power adder, ever since 2001. I have never burnt so much as a spark plug electrode, much less damaged an engine. I ran a 100 shot on my stock motor for quite a while, then a 150 on my stroker. Both motors are in great shape, to this day.

On the other hand, I have seen countless motors lose at least a head gasket with a boosted application. I've seen many others totally shit the bed.

That's all due to the tune, but that's just as important for a nitrous motor too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.