Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If it's intake side on the drivers bank I'd say you didn't have enough revs before hitting the cheater gas on your 4" stroker. If that is the case you could confirm by removing the passenger side head and checking for scratches on the exhaust side of those cylinders.

Intake side on the passengers bank... might be rings as said above. Uniform damage like that from debris through the intake is unlikely.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Agree with 360 above and just took a look at my 110k mile engine teardown in my last car and it had WAY more carbon on the pistons than this engine does(there is a small dent in the top piston to the left, that's why it got opened up). I'd beat the crap outta that engine too. I can name at least 3 times where it was wide open at 5000-5500 for over an hour. Still has the hone marks on the cylinder walls and compression was within 5psi of stock as well. Fuel system was always in perfect condition.

And carbon doesn't really build up over time in the combustion chamber unless something is wrong. Within the first 500 miles it'll get all the carbon it is gonna hold as long as the fuel system stays operating as it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.