Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
Hey bud, are you noticing any usage of oil or maybe even a performance drain?

I'm having some small things going on that I wonder if mine is also blown, but its getting new parts soon, still like to know.

·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i havent been able to tell lately in oil changes -someone always leaves there in the pan- but usually i was losing bout 1 quart every 3k miles or so out of 5 qaurts i put in, ive noticed also a lil lost in hp and some in oil pressure.

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
addicted2blue00 said:
well i havent been able to tell lately in oil changes -someone always leaves there in the pan- but usually i was losing bout 1 quart every 3k miles or so out of 5 qaurts i put in, ive noticed also a lil lost in hp and some in oil pressure.

YUP!!! thats the exact same thing mines doing!!

But her some good news is, mine started doing it around 190K and now I'm at 215K with the same stuff... lol

·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine has done the smoke screen trick 2 or 3 times now, but it was only in long trips like at least 1hr 1/2 straight highway drivin or so, and one of those times on vacation uner wot getting on the highway straight smoke, but that was around 75-80k miles and im around 102k now. the crap in it looks like hot burned oil, from my thinkin, on the highway and motor runnin normal temp for some 20-30 miles starts leakin and fries inside, i always watch my temp so i dont over heat. if it is blown im goin back with an aps pan.

·
14 Second Club
430 Posts
Definatly looks like its blown to me. When mine went, I really didn't have all that much oil laying in the bottom, but serious oil burning (1-1.5quarts every 250 miles!) and major pinging under load. Oh well, it was an excuse to get an M1.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
addicted2blue00 said:
ive been tryin to decide if my belly pan is blown or not, so to help here are some pics. this is wwhat i see lookin threw my TB, love my new digi cam olympus.

yup, that is a blown belly gasket. pinging under acceleration, minor oil consumption... time for a M-1 or a APS kit. either one requires removign the intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.