Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with blowing an aftermarket headlight? I am on my second set of aftermarket bulbs and for the second time, my right one has blown after about a month and a half. Anyone had this problem before? Any ideas as to what might be wrong?:huh:

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Im no expert, but it sounds like you may be getting more voltage to the right headlight for some reason. Maybe check your wiring connections on it and on the left one. Thats the only thing I can think of. Its either that, or you just got some crappy right bulbs both times.

Goodluck.

~CYCLONE_06

G

·
I had a hair line crack on the front of my driver side headlight housing there was moisture on the inside but not enough to fog the lens it would settle on the bulb and heat up more than it was suppost to and burn out but not break I went through 5 bulbs before I figured it out. I don't know if this is the problem that you will find, but it's some to look for.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Keep us posted if you find anything. Its an interesting situation.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new at this site so if I screw this up sorry. I own a 99 r/t. I too have the same problem. Moisture keeps getting in my right head light assy. I bought euro diamond clear head lights and corners. Right side keeps blowing with aftermarket light bulbs. I just put in oem light bulb to see what happens. Sealed up right side with clear silicone. Still moisture. Don't know what to do. Any help would be nice.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
I have the same moisture buildup too, and my headlights are sealed also in silicone. I think its because the o rings on the bulbs are not thick enough, and air is getting in around the bulb socket. It doesnt really concern me that much, because of how much its better than it was before I sealed them in silicone.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
458 Posts
That's wierd. Mine just started doing this too. It's the right headlight. My stock bulb exploded. I bought a set of Silverstar Ultras and the right one just exploded again. WTF? Did anyone figure out the cause?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts