Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a possible fix for my fan switch only working in the HIGH position.......the first three selections do nothing. Surely there is a relay or resistor somewhere that controls this!?!?!?!

My truck is an 02 quad cab 4x4 with the 4.7L.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK....after searching the correct string I found there is a resistor that may very well fix this problem. Where is this little sucker located and if anyone can post a link to a replacement part I would greatly appreciate it!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
The blower motor resistor is located at the bottom of the heater box under the glove box. When you look under there, you will see the blower motor and then a plug with 4 wires running through it. There will 2 screws on either side of the plug, that is the resistor. I can't find my bill for the one I replaced in my truck, but I know the new resistor from the dealer here in Canada was around $13-$14.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Y'all.............that link is the BOMB!!!!!!

I LOVE this place!!! I have been living with that dang HIGH setting for about 3 years now and I am dang tired of that noise!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Shannon Huffman
484 Posts
glad to be of service :woot:

·
Captain UN4GTBL
265 Posts
Thanks Y'all.............that link is the BOMB!!!!!!

I LOVE this place!!! I have been living with that dang HIGH setting for about 3 years now and I am dang tired of that noise!!!!
wow, yours lasted for 3 years on just high? when the one in the '04 dakota went on me, it lasted 3 days before i had no fan at all lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ya same thing happened to me except it wouldn't run on high but the other 3 settings then only high would work it was pretty funky lol. I took out the resistor and it was burnt to hell replaced it and its back up and running woot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy COW I have a multi speed blower again!!!!!!!!!

The e-bay part I bought looked like a copper winding with a wax paper wrap on it and a resistor on the top......like it would actually do something....the piece I took out was just a flat piece of plastic.........kinda like a tackle box divider.......Didn't look like it was even a working part........:huh:

Sure seems funny the parts would look so different.

Either way it worked like a charm and only took 15 minutes to fix. Now I am just irritated that it took me 3 years to dig up this simple (and cheap) fix.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts