Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back my blower motor resistor went out, I replaced it simple enough, crimped on new connections since the plug was melted. So I did that and now I only have one speed, sort of medium high. How do I fix this?

Second part of my question, I got a can of AC Pro freon and it says to put the AC on high. We'll, my problem is I don't have a high, how do I go about checking etc?

Thanks

·
I hate you people.
2,787 Posts
First, you need to check the blower motor to see if the resistance is high. The main reason these end up failing is because the design is only meant to take so much current before bad things happen like what you found. The high current draw from the motor is overheating the circuit and that is where you need to start. Then, replace the blower motor resistor again if the motor checks out, because some the of the aftermarket replacement parts are not the best quality compared to the factory.
Second, do not bother using those canned A/C Freon. If you have a leak, this is not going to fix the problem. The only good thing they are for is the A/C gauge, as it can tell you right off the bat if the system has failed or there is a leak if the gauge says the system is too low. Take the vehicle to any service center and have them do a Freon leak test, then figure out what the best options are, because to have to take the dash apart to change out the condenser is not worth on these trucks at this age.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts