Dakota Durango Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billet Cap/Handle Group Buy - ROUND 2

29K views 123 replies 21 participants last post by  SinCity R/T 
#1 · (Edited)
I am organizing a 2nd group buy for billet aluminum fluid caps & handles produced by Tooling Design Co.

One standard set of caps/handles includes seven pieces:
* Brake Fluid Cap (no engraving) - Fits on top of OEM cap
* Power Steering Cap (no engraving) - Fits on top of OEM cap
* Windshield Washer Fluid Cap (00+ models have washer fluid symbol engraving, 97-99's are not engraved) - Replaces OEM cap
* Coolant Overflow Cap (with coolant symbol engraving) - Replaces OEM cap
* Radiator Cap (with Ram's head engraving) - Fits on top of OEM cap
* Oil Filler Handle (with Engine Oil engraving) - Replaces OEM handle
* Transmission Fluid Handle (with Trans Fluid engraving) - Replaces OEM handle

DISCLAIMER: These caps/handles are known to fit 1997-2004 Dakotas and 1998-2003 Durangos only. It is possible that some of these caps/handles might fit other years of Dakotas/Durangos and maybe even some Rams or Jeeps, but there are no guarantees. Please carefully inspect the pictures and/or compare your caps to someone else's Dakota/Durango before ordering - there are no returns available due to incompatability with alternative models.

NOTES:
* Produced from solid billet aluminum. The caps are shipped in a raw/semi-polished format. They are ok to install as-is, but are ready to be anodized or powder coated if desired (you must arrange this on your own after delivery).
* The engraved areas are shipped bare. The painted areas in some of the photos are for example only. If desired you can highlight the engraved areas with paint or powder coating (once again, you must do this yourself).
* Alternative engraving (eg: R/T logo, etc.) is not available. Caps can be produced without any engraving upon request.
* If necessary the caps/handles are available on a per-piece basis (contact me), but the discount rate we're receiving for the whole 7-pc kit makes it relatively uneconomical.
* The fluid handles will require some minor fabrication during installation. A 2-pc sleeve frames the dipstick blade, and a pin is pushed through a hole to hold it all together. It isn't a difficult process, but it is a procedure you will have to perform.
* These caps are being produced by the original manufacturer, who stopped making them about three years ago. They are not available on an individual basis - in order to get a new batch of these caps/handles produced, we need to submit a single bulk order.
* The manufacturer does not have the time/interest to deal with individual consumers. Therefore I am collecting everyone's orders and payments, and will process the sale as a single purchase from the manufacturer. The caps/handles will be shipped to me, then I will re-package the kits and ship them to each individual.
* I have hosted about 20 group buys using this format over the past six years. There are plenty of references available if you have any questions or concerns about the way this works.
* Group buys take time - please be patient! Everyone will get their order eventually - past group buys have always been worth the wait. Anticipated production/delivery time is 8-12 weeks after the group buy has completed.

HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?
One seven-piece set of caps & handles costs $140.00. This price includes all payment processing fees, packaging, and shipping/handling costs to the continental 48 states. If you live in Canada or Hawaii, please add $5.00 for USPS Air Mail.

OPTIONAL ANODIZED FINISH: An anodized finish is available for an additional cost of $15 for a set of seven caps. Anodizing is available in red, blue, or black. The anodizer charges a minimum batch fee of $75 per color, so at least five sets of caps must be ordered with the same color in order to qualify. If you're really desperate for a particular color you can pay the $75 fee by yourself or split it with just a couple of people, that's up to you.

INDIVIDUAL CAPS/HANDLES: If you want to order individual caps/handles, they cost $25.00 each, then add $10 for paypal/packaging/shipping.

How do I order a set?
Step 1: Send me a PM with the following info:
1) What year is your truck
2) What size engine is in your truck (3.9L, 4.7L, 5.2L, 5.9L, etc.)
3) Does your truck have an automatic transmission or manual transmission?
4) Your real name, forum name, and shipping address
5) Please measure the diameter of your power steering cap, and the length between the tip of your transmission fluid handle and the relief ring that keeps the handle secure on the dipstick.

Step 2: Send me your payment:
1) PayPal: webmaster@dakota-durango.com
2) Money Order: PM me for snail mail information

Reminder: This is a one-time bulk purchase group buy - the caps/handles will not be made until everyone's orders are submitted.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

NOTE: This group buy ends on June 30, 2009. Your order & payment must be submitted by that time.

See less See more
#39 ·
go blues

bump for the blue folk:bump::bump::bump:

come on blue people!!

#41 ·
#45 ·
The money's on its way! Dang, now I GOTTA clean that engine bay!

#48 ·
so is this group buy happening
SIN?????? what is going on
I would like to get in but have not heard back

#50 ·
thanks Steve - just wanted to know
I would love to still get in on this

#51 ·
k....so I have yet to install any of these caps. Some seem to fit into more than one place. But they are different heights, etc. Can anyone tell me which ones go where? I bought the whole kit. All but the oil cap are non-engraved. I have the Ram head on the oil cap. Or did I do the coolant cap that way? Crap...see? This is why I need to know which is which

I just looked @ my 'order' & realized that I ordered EVERYTHING non-engraved. But I have one cap (the biggest one) with the Ram's head on it. Any chance of exchanging it? Never installed it or any of the caps. I also need to know which cap goes where as they are not labeled of course. Thank you.

#57 ·
anyone know if this group buy is going thru
I have money ready but I am not sure if this is going to happen

thanks

#61 ·
bump??????

#63 ·
count me in Steve if i can still buy in for the fluid caps.pm sent.

#65 ·
have not heard back - when is this happening?

#70 ·
Yes it's still progressing - I was having a really hard time getting ahold of Randy over the last few weeks, consequentially delayed this phase of the group buy. I'm hoping to have this wrapped up soon so we can move forward. Each individual who has already signed up will receive a confirmation PM or e-mail. Anyone who is still interested in participating can send me a PM, check the original page of the thread for details.

#71 ·
So if I wanted the oil and trans dipstick handles, I'd need to cough up $60?

#74 ·
:jerkit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.