I am organizing a 2nd group buy for billet aluminum fluid caps & handles produced by Tooling Design Co.
One standard set of caps/handles includes seven pieces:
* Brake Fluid Cap (no engraving) - Fits on top of OEM cap
* Power Steering Cap (no engraving) - Fits on top of OEM cap
* Windshield Washer Fluid Cap (00+ models have washer fluid symbol engraving, 97-99's are not engraved) - Replaces OEM cap
* Coolant Overflow Cap (with coolant symbol engraving) - Replaces OEM cap
* Radiator Cap (with Ram's head engraving) - Fits on top of OEM cap
* Oil Filler Handle (with Engine Oil engraving) - Replaces OEM handle
* Transmission Fluid Handle (with Trans Fluid engraving) - Replaces OEM handle
DISCLAIMER: These caps/handles are known to fit 1997-2004 Dakotas and 1998-2003 Durangos only. It is possible that some of these caps/handles might fit other years of Dakotas/Durangos and maybe even some Rams or Jeeps, but there are no guarantees. Please carefully inspect the pictures and/or compare your caps to someone else's Dakota/Durango before ordering - there are no returns available due to incompatability with alternative models.
* Produced from solid billet aluminum. The caps are shipped in a raw/semi-polished format. They are ok to install as-is, but are ready to be anodized or powder coated if desired (you must arrange this on your own after delivery).
* The engraved areas are shipped bare. The painted areas in some of the photos are for example only. If desired you can highlight the engraved areas with paint or powder coating (once again, you must do this yourself).
* Alternative engraving (eg: R/T logo, etc.) is not available. Caps can be produced without any engraving upon request.
* If necessary the caps/handles are available on a per-piece basis (contact me), but the discount rate we're receiving for the whole 7-pc kit makes it relatively uneconomical.
* The fluid handles will require some minor fabrication during installation. A 2-pc sleeve frames the dipstick blade, and a pin is pushed through a hole to hold it all together. It isn't a difficult process, but it is a procedure you will have to perform.
* These caps are being produced by the original manufacturer, who stopped making them about three years ago. They are not available on an individual basis - in order to get a new batch of these caps/handles produced, we need to submit a single bulk order.
* The manufacturer does not have the time/interest to deal with individual consumers. Therefore I am collecting everyone's orders and payments, and will process the sale as a single purchase from the manufacturer. The caps/handles will be shipped to me, then I will re-package the kits and ship them to each individual.
* I have hosted about 20 group buys using this format over the past six years. There are plenty of references available if you have any questions or concerns about the way this works.
* Group buys take time - please be patient! Everyone will get their order eventually - past group buys have always been worth the wait. Anticipated production/delivery time is 8-12 weeks after the group buy has completed.
HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?
One seven-piece set of caps & handles costs $140.00. This price includes all payment processing fees, packaging, and shipping/handling costs to the continental 48 states. If you live in Canada or Hawaii, please add $5.00 for USPS Air Mail.
OPTIONAL ANODIZED FINISH:
An anodized finish is available for an additional cost of $15 for a set of seven caps. Anodizing is available in red, blue, or black. The anodizer charges a minimum batch fee of $75 per color, so at least five sets of caps must be ordered with the same color in order to qualify. If you're really desperate for a particular color you can pay the $75 fee by yourself or split it with just a couple of people, that's up to you.
If you want to order individual caps/handles, they cost $25.00 each, then add $10 for paypal/packaging/shipping.
How do I order a set?
Step 1: Send me a PM with the following info:
1) What year is your truck
2) What size engine is in your truck (3.9L, 4.7L, 5.2L, 5.9L, etc.)
3) Does your truck have an automatic transmission or manual transmission?
4) Your real name, forum name, and shipping address
5) Please measure the diameter of your power steering cap, and the length between the tip of your transmission fluid handle and the relief ring that keeps the handle secure on the dipstick.
Step 2: Send me your payment:
1) PayPal: [email protected]
2) Money Order: PM me for snail mail information
Reminder: This is a one-time bulk purchase group buy - the caps/handles will not be made until everyone's orders are submitted.
If you have any questions, please send me a PM.
NOTE: This group buy ends on June 30, 2009. Your order & payment must be submitted by that time.