Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the biggest size tire I can fit under a Dakota with no suspension mods. I was thinking 31 or maybe 32, but Im not sure. Anyone able to help me out?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Not that I going to be able to help but it would help if you stated 4x4 or 4x2.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
If you do not lift your da k it is going to look extremely out of proportion with oversized tires on it. Just a word of caution.

·
0 Posts
GOON'S D said:
If you do not lift your da k it is going to look extremely out of proportion with oversized tires on it. Just a word of caution.
That, and you'd have a ton of rubbing going on.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
It all depends on how wide the tires is. You can easily fit a 31 under there if the width isn't too bad.

I have a 265/60/18 inch tire. That is a 30.5 inch tall tire. I also have the R/T suspension which lowers my stock sport suspension an inch in the front and about 2 inches in the rear. I have no rubbing.

Paul

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
31X10.5R15 C Firestone Destination M/T Outlined White Letters

30X9.5R15 C Firestone Destination M/T Outlined White Letters

Those are what I was looking at.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i had 31's on mine before i lifted it and they never rubed.

·
I rage, therefore I am.
80 Posts
The OE Goodyear on my Durango is a 265-70-16. It specs at 10.2" section width and 30.7" tall.

The 31-10.5-15 you're looking at specs at 10.5" section width and 31" tall.

I wouldn't expect any rubbing from that change.

That tire looks like the old Firehawk RMT I bought for my dually.

They wore pretty well and had excellent traction, but IMO, after about half tread was worn off, they got really slick in the rain. (Nothing more fun than hanging the rear of a 159" wheelbase 4x4 out like a drift car.:cool: ) I'm looking at a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's when these factory shoes on the Durango wear out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can tell you you won't be the least unsatisfied with the :bow: revo's. I had the Goodyears on my truck and hated them outside of dry roads. At times I was even affraid of parking on wet grass,they totaly sucked in snow and mud.The revo's like all Bridgestones carry a (90 day)customer satisfaction gaurantee.That if you dont like them up to the last day ,they'll take them back with no charge. I also shopped these tires against the typical replacement BFG's and no comparison . If you go to ( www.tirerack.com ) you get more information on tire capabilities. My truck is a 2000 with 15 inchers.I tried a set of bridgestones at's in 32's and fit well. They only rubbed on the front inner forward part of the wheel wells right where it folds. I tie strapped it back slighty. I dont know in your case with larger wheels what the exact outer demensions the tire would be.If anything a few cranks of the torsion bar should help.

M

·
0 Posts
I have been asking my self a similar question, whether or not to go with 20' or 22' wheels on my durango. I am running 275/60/17 on my truck right now. when I turn my wheels sharp there is about an inch and a half clearance from the front valance. I know low profile tires will add to that distance. But I am real worried about scrubbing. I hate that noise, and the turning radius isn't the best already. I have seen a dakota with 20 inch rims and dropped (not sure about how much) That looked mean as all hell.

·
Registered
35 Posts
tires

hey I have a dodge durango w/ 3 inch lift with a set of firestone destination m/T 31" 10.5 on a eagle alloy rim since the rims sit a little further out of the wheel well it rubs a little. depending on type of rims 31" might rub also Mud terrain tread is so deep the tire is a little bigger also!!! T

1 - 13 of 13 Posts