Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me tell you this event which happend to my Brother. He used to race at Capital Raceway in MD, and one night after he raced and beat this guy, the dude follow him home. When he got out the guy drove by our drive way and shot my Brother. He got hit twice, once in the neck and once in the chest cavity. Lucky my neightbor is a State Trooper so when he heard the gun fire, he kinda knew something was going down really close. So this Cop runs outa his house hearing gun fire in his boxers. The dude shooting my Brother saw the cop running towards him with a gun. Thats when the stupied Dumb [email protected]#[email protected]# dude tryed to run over the Cop. The Cop shot the right front tire out and the guy in his car went down this in-backment and totalled his car which was a POS Rice rocket. The cop called for back up, the polce arrived with the EMT's to save the dumbie in the car. My brother went to the hospital. The depressing part is that all this happend when i was asleep, my mom had to fill me in on the detail in the morning after i woke up. Thats Gay ain't it?, I didn't get to see any of it, nothin, not even the shooting. I always miss the fun stuff!:(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, he's just fine, he's in the marines now, he joined so if someone like that again comes to mess wit him, he can just [email protected]#!$# up! I'll scan the news paper article and you all can read that, has more detail about the shooter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
on a different note... i was driving through town.. not even racing and this guy totally tried to cut me off. i leaned on the horn and defended my place. he tried again.. and again. he finally got fed up and drove straight across the intersection instead of into the left turn lane i was in.

little did i know he made a u-turn and when i got the green to make my turn, there he was waiting to make a right turn from oncoming traffic. he let the firebird in front of me go by, but then gunned it between him and me. i leaned on the horn.. but he was commited and sqeezed in (i wasnt gonna mess up my dak on his account) he then continued to toy with me and pulled into a shopping center.. where i was headed. when he saw that i was going his way he got out of his car and stood next to it.. i guess waiting for me.

at this point i really, honestly, felt scared... this guy was nuts.. he was totally having a good time... he then reached into his pocket for something.... i drove away.. screw that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea road rage is stright up murder on ya! :slice:

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Some people are getting really stupid with the road rage. The other night I was pulling up to a red light where the other direction had the green and the turn arrow. This was at night and there was only one car on the road, and I could swear the guy was in the straight lane, and I know for certain he didn't have his turn signal on. As I start to pull forward to turn right, he comes swinging around the turn. I haven't even moved 2 feet so I easily come to a stop, nowhere near blocking the lane of traffic. I don't know what this guy's problem was, but instead of completing the turn or maybe even turning in sharper if he thought I was going to pull out more, he turns his wheel to the right and drives straight at me! He pulls up to within a couple of feet before finally turning, giving me a nasty glare in the process then driving off as if nothing had happened.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Road Rage = Murder

I have a terrible story of Road Rage. I was coming home from work one day, and this idiot got on my ass and laid his horn on. I was in the process of passing a slower car, and the guy stayed up my ass the whole pass. So, I went to move up and over out of his way, and he darted into the slow lane. Then he pulled up beside me, gave me this look of hate like I was the one with the problem, and sped forward. I saw an upcoming van and I didnt know what he was going to do. He then tried to fit between me and the van, and he didnt make it. He clipped my front fender, and spun through the grass medium, did a 360 and got T-boned by an elderly lady. The elderly lady was killed.

This event changed my life. It was a real eye opener for me. The lady turned out to be the grandmother of one of my best friends in hight school. Of course, I felt partly responsible because I feel I could have done more to prevent the accident, and I cant bring myself to talk to her (my friend) to this day.

The guy had his day in court, and got 7 years in prison without probation for manslaughter. The other bad news is they found marajuana in the car, and they also revealed he works at a daycare. Its very sad to have someone like that tending children. Not to mention his disregard for human life, considering he had three other passengers in the car. 2 were grown and one was a child.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all i got to say is.... bumber dude, thats sad....:(

·
Registered
55 Posts
that is.. that is... i dunno how to describe how crappy that is.
it sucks doesnt begin to describe it.

does she know that you were in anyway invoved?
if not.. i think you should talk to her. it may help her in some way.

how long ago did this happen?

G

·
Telling her dog also might help you. It just might help you clear your head. But I think you should tell her. It does suck though for you and the other guy. Oh yeah to the other guy just cause you bro a Marine doesn't mean it's gonna help. I'm a Marine.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Talked

I have talked to her a few times, but its not the same. I still feel partially responsible, but I know it wasnt my fault. I just cant help it. The state of Maryland prosecuted him, and I was their key witness against him, so, I guess thats the only way I helped the family. I also told her I was there for her if she needed me, but she hasnt called me in a long time.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well I'm going to tell you about a fatal accident on Saturday March 15, 2003 at 9:54 PM that me and my dad were in on Route 4 in Huntingtown MD, if any of you a familar with that road-way, (this was before I got my drivers license). If any of you are from Maryland you all might have heard about it. My Dad and I were coming home from the movies (Tears Of The Sun) and on our way home we got in to a fatal accident. This 17 year old girl in a blue Cavaleir pulled out infront of us when we were on our way home. We were Riding in my dad's new 1500 HEMI Ram with the 20"s. We T-boned the car, rolling right over it,..(yes the truck tires and wheels going right over the hood and the cab of the car). The Police stated that when we hit the car we were moving at 58 MPH (In a 55 MPH Zone). The police also said that we left 60 Ft of skid marks, and do any of you know how fast you can cover 60 Ft of road-way at 58 MPH? (you can only imagine what the car looked like) Anyway, turns out that the girl was from my local High School that I go to and her dad worked for my dad when my dad owned a landscaping company. Plus the girl's mother used to baby sit me when I was younger. Police also found out through phone records that she was talking on her cell whent he accident occured, plus police said that she ran the stop sign infront of Route 4, was not wearing a seat belt, and didn't have any head lights on. This all occurred at 9:54 PM. The police also said that she died on impact (which might have been a good thing cause she didn't suffer any pain).
As for my injuries I didn't suffer any due to the fact that the airbag went off and I had my seat belt on (I acually walked away from the accident into the ambulance). My dad had whip-lash and airbag burns which we both had on our faces.
The girls car was totalled (seen down at the bottom of the post) and my dads truck had 12,000 dollars worth of damage, but Giego decided that it was not totalled so they tryed to fix it. Needed new front end up until the engine (anything from the radiators forward were replaced), all new interior due to airbag dust burns and torn dash pannels (result of airbags). New axle, 4 Chrome 20'' wheels, 5 low profile tires. New skid plates (which did protect the transfer case), tie-rods, gas tank, new glass, and a whole lot more.
Few word of advise, don't drive without seat bealts on, and don't try to drive when talking on a cell phone.
Here's the log report from the Huntingtown fire-department:

On Saturday March 15, 2003 at 2154 hours, Company 6 (Huntingtown) was alerted for the auto accident at Route 4 and Harvey Rd. Squad 6 (under command of Lieutenant 6, C. Spriggs), Engine 62, Amb. 68, Amb. 69, and Chief 6C (S. Inscoe) quickly responded to the scene. While in route, Communications advised units that CPR was in progress.

Company 6 units arrived on the scene one minute later with a truck that had t-boned a small car in the driver compartment. The Huntingtown command was established by Lt. Caroll Spriggs. The driver and lone occupant of the car, a teenage female, had been pulled out by bystanders prior to our arrival and was lying on the ground not breathing, with CPR initiated by bystanders. Our volunteers began CPR until

Chief 6C arrived on the scene and advised that the patient was a priority 4 and would not be transported via ambulance. The driver of the truck and the passenger were walking around with non-life threatening injuries and both were transported to Calvert Memorial priority two. Command held the Squad and Engine on the scene until 0026 the next morning for lighting and to assist with Accident Reconstruction. During the Incident, Engine 62 cleared early for the fatal motorcycle accident in Sunderland followed by Squad 6 twenty minutes later.

Found at:http://www.huntingtownfiredept.com/fire5b.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
as if it werent bad enough.. you actually sorta knew her. thats terrible.
sorry man, that sucks. ive been fortunate enough never to have gotten into anything worse than a fender bender. so i really have no idea how something like that can make you feel. i can only imagine...

G

·
How about a different angle on it. I was working the dayshift when we received a call to assist an off duty vice cop who was in traffic being threatened by some a$$hole. It seems that the guy didnt like the way the vice cop (a close personal friend of mine) was driving. Well this idiot started trying to run the cop (who was in his POV) off the road and was waving a knife out the window. The cop, having his wife and 4 year old child in the car got on his radio and called for marked units to assist. You should have seen the look on the guys face when 3 police cars came out of nowhere and conducted a felony traffic stop on his a$$. He was crying like a little baby when we got him and his passenger out and onto the ground sprawled out in front of God and everyone. Just goes to show, you never know who is in the car next to you when you try to start acting like a tough guy!!
J

G

·
Just to add to the seat belts and about drunk driving. Before you say anything I know it was stupid and I learn my lesson. Me and my girl about a year ago my wife now got into a fight. I was drunk and got piss and took off in our old car. I was traveling down a back road speeding and drunk. I lost control of the car at 130 mph the car flipped 4 times before it came to a stop up side down. The only thing that say me was the seat belt. I lied and got out of the ticket and everything. But I was very lucky cause the cop said who ever was driving that car was probably seriously injured. Little did he know it was me. I lied and said that I was high jack while driving it and somebody else flip the car. When it was me who did it. So yes seat belts are very important. I was very stupid but at the same time I learned my lesson. Just to give you guys something to think about

G

·
yea...id say u were lucky as hell...but i wouldnt go postin online that u lied...lol...but damn...4 flips? cant even imagine what thatd be like being my worst accident is goin through a fence...heh

1 - 20 of 22 Posts