Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Visor on the Dakota I just bought and it looks like it's only held on by 3M tape. How's the best way to get this off my paint??? I've dealt with vinals and embelems before, but none used 3M and I know that stuff is STICKY! Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
You could try goo-gone

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
This is like the 100th thread on this in the last month! Goo-B-Gone!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I could try something like that since I'm planning on painting it anyway. I'm usualy skeptical about using things like that on paint but it'll do for now i guess. Thanks for the quick response... :biggthump

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
That stuff will not hurt your paint, just make sure you wash it off when your done.

·
Registered
191 Posts
the auto body guys use an attachment on there air tools that lookls like a big eraser(reminds you of a dremel tool)...that by far is the best thing to use (personal experience) if you can get your hands on one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Get a clay bar. It comes in a kit and it's blue. I can't remember the name of it, but we use it al the time in the shop to get rid of cooked polish, overspray and everything. I've used it on tape before. It'll take a while, but it won't damage your paint at all. Just keep the bar wet.

·
Registered
872 Posts
DakotaDurango said:
the auto body guys use an attachment on there air tools that lookls like a big eraser(reminds you of a dremel tool)...that by far is the best thing to use (personal experience) if you can get your hands on one.
it is called an eraser, workes well be doesnt last to long

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
I've heard GooBGone destorys paint! It looks find but then like 2-3 years later you paint just suddenly falls off!

3M makes an tool to remove it, works like a charm. Just be sure to be VERY STEADY with it. It likes to bounce if you press to hard (instead of lettin it do it's job) and that'll dent the SH*T outa your truck!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
WD-40 works fine also. It won't do anything to the paint.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Use some goo-b-gone. Also you can buy a round floppy rubbery attachment you can put in a drill. Pull the trigger and it spinns obviosly, it works well.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I used Goo-Gone when removing my decals and badging. When I removed the rubber bumpers that were behind the air deflectors, I used an adhesive and tree sap remover. Both worked well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts