Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't want to have to spend an arm and a leg for it and don't want to have a bumpy ride. what's the best set up for a good price? are lowering springs and blocks any good. like i said i want a smooth ride and good price. so, if anybody can get me a link for a good cheap set up i'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The rear leafs mount different on the Durango. You can't use lowering shackles.

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,766 Posts
melski415 said:
so would my only option would block in the rear?
No, I believe either DJM or Beltech (not for sure) are coming out with a new leaf spring replacement kit that you would install in place of what you have now (don't quote me on that, but I did a search a while back and they even had a part #)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Droppin a D

You can't modify the spring mounts without doing some major work. I know the majority of the people don't like blocks, but I have a DJM 3/3 drop with lower control arms and blocks in the back. I think my D rides pretty good, even my parents think so. The DJM kits runs for like $500 now, I bought mine from www.godfathercustoms.com Hope this helps out.

Later,

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,766 Posts
D-Draggin said:
You can't modify the spring mounts without doing some major work. I know the majority of the people don't like blocks, but I have a DJM 3/3 drop with lower control arms and blocks in the back. I think my D rides pretty good, even my parents think so. The DJM kits runs for like $500 now, I bought mine from www.godfathercustoms.com Hope this helps out.

Later,
There you go - if you want to play with ants - D-Draggin actually has had real world experience with DJM.

Also, DJM was the first (and only) to delvelop a drop kit for the AWD/4WD Durango.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.