Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2001 durango R/T and I went with the gen 2 K&N intake. Installation wasn't a breeze but it wasn't rocket science either. It's not cheap but the dyno results according to K&N are 11.8 horsepower at the wheels.

·
Registered
24 Posts
5.9RANGO said:
I have a 2001 durango R/T and I went with the gen 2 K&N intake. Installation wasn't a breeze but it wasn't rocket science either. It's not cheap but the dyno results according to K&N are 11.8 horsepower at the wheels.
11.8 RWHP increase? That is a lot for an intake! I would yell 'cry wolf' unless they provided additional information.

While it could be true with additional supporting equipment to compliment it (already installed), that still just blows my mind. Having an upgraded Carb, full exhaust, etc; then switching between the factory intake vs an upgraded one- this is what I mean.

Anyhow, I have to check into it now! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did some research:

Estimated Horsepower Gain: 11.7 HP @ 4553 RPM
That is BHP, thus calculating to about 8-9 rwhp increase in power. Not too shabby. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Jhegeduis said:
Sold my Dakota and now get to pick up my R/T! Any suggestions on air intake for the 5.9l?
K&N FIPK GEN 2 Intake....I know someone on this site who sells them. :wave:

They come with a lifetime garantee, if the tube cracks, they'll replace it for free.

Let me know if want to purchase one. :biggthump

·
Registered
8 Posts
MoparREVolution said:
K&N FIPK GEN 2 Intake....I know someone on this site who sells them. :wave:

They come with a lifetime garantee, if the tube cracks, they'll replace it for free.

Let me know if want to purchase one. :biggthump
I am interested in buying one. How much are they and who sells them? I have a 5.9 Durango 99 as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.