Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at doing some engine work soon. I'm looking at the H.O. cams and intake from the jeep or the KRC 206 cams. Which should i do? All the H.O. stuff or just the KRC cams?
SMOKE :mullet:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Smoke, I have put the HO intake and cams in I don't know what difference it made I haven't put it on the dyno yet. I've heard the KRC cams are good but they were a lot more than the HO

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reoly. I was wondering about the H.O. cams and intake. They are stock pieces on a higher compression 4.7. Does the truck feel like it's stronger? The KRC 206 cams are more expensive but i want to do this only once. Know what i mean?
SMOKE :woot:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks Adam, yeah that was my post.
Smoke, may be one day I can step up to the KRC 206s. They are kind of pricey though. For the money the HO cams are not bad.

Good luck to you!

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
The combo i go with will be researched a little more. I spoke to KRC and the guy said that the 206's work perfectly with no tuning. I need to see what kind of idle the 206's have. I'm sure the H.0. cams will go unnoticed at the dealer, but the 206's might have a lumpy idle.
SMOKE:huh:

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
smoke said:
The combo i go with will be researched a little more. I spoke to KRC and the guy said that the 206's work perfectly with no tuning. I need to see what kind of idle the 206's have. I'm sure the H.0. cams will go unnoticed at the dealer, but the 206's might have a lumpy idle.
SMOKE:huh:
I think you are right on with that. I think they will give you a little lumpy idle. But depending on the person checking out the car... I'm not sure if he'll know.

It's a gamble... a fun one to boot.

Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
I think you are right on with that. I think they will give you a little lumpy idle. But depending on the person checking out the car... I'm not sure if he'll know.

It's a gamble... a fun one to boot.

Paul
All they could say was that they are suspicious. Your next words will be "it was that way when I bought it"

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
tatesrus said:
I was looking into the HO cams for my '03 4.7. The BuyMopar site (http://www.buymopar.com/store/magnum.html) says they won't improve the '03s and up. What gives? I didn't think there were any engine differences in '03.

there is a guy in another site that put the HO cams in his 4.7l 03 dak and says he can tell a major differnece. maybe you need to get the 03 HO version cams for your engine. he never said if he did the intake or not but I dont think he did. just the cams and says after the brake in period for the computer to relearn everything. it runs like a top.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Update;

Found somebody online wanting to sell some KRC 206s, so I've sent him a money order for them. Hopefully they will be here sometime next week. The HO cams did show some good gains especially in torque, but the 206s are suppose to show even better gains. Once I get them installed I'll head back to the dyno and give you an update.

Speaking of dyno check my sig for new dyno results.

Thanks Jecht for digging up this old post, I had forgotten all about it!

Hope this helps someone out,
Later...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts