Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After further investigation I've decided that whoever is responsible for the 6-4.5 lug pattern on Dakotas and Durangos should burn in hell. It seems like it's going to be nearly impossible to find a 16 inch rim with the right lug pattern AND any backspacing other than the factory 5.5 inches.

And don't even get me started on finding a descent set of A/T or M/T's that will fit on a 16 inch rim.

·
Registered
396 Posts
yea the 6x4.5 kinda sucks w/ choosing a wheel, but i found a decent one, i went w/ a 3 1/4" backspacing wheel from eagle alloys, im pretty happy w/ it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying not to spend a ton on these rims because I really don't care if they are polished or just black rockcrawlers. All I want is for them to stick out just right.

So far the cheapest ones I've found are from American Racing Baja Series. Even those are a little over 100 bucks per wheel, and they only have a 4.45 inch backspacing that still isn't quite right.

I looked at the pictures of your Durango and I like the combo you've got. I think I'm gonna keep looking for for something with between 3 and 3.5 inches of backspacing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap solution to this problem?

·
Registered
396 Posts
my wheels are eagle alloys and are 3 1/4 backspacing, i didn't want to spend to much either they were only 91 a wheel from discount tire.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
I would have helped you answer this question earlier, if I would have known if it was a bodylift or a suspension lift. But I guess it really doesn't matter, since you're just looking for a wider stance that sticks out.

With my 15x8 AR Sliders (4.5" of BS) and 33x12.5 BFG MT's the tires stick out about 1" from the edge of the fender flares. This is just about perfect, as if they were out more, I'd be slinging more crap all over my truck than I already do.

Remember, the more they stick out, the more stress they put on the front end, the more they throw rocks and crap on the truck, and the more trimming you'd have to do (depending on cranking, exact tire size, and aggressiveness of the tire). The more the stick in, the less wear on the front end, and less trimming you might possible need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts