Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got old ass photos of the truck when you first got it? See if you can match them up with some new photos in the same stance/photo range and lets see the difference over the years.

This is a difference of 3 years i got the truck back in Nov of 06.

·
Back To Mopar
8,410 Posts
eh.

·
Dakota GOD!!!
4,156 Posts
Its Fibernetics, for fiberglass that sun of a bitch is pretty heavy lol. I dont like the hinges in the back that use the little pins to hold it on...
Yup that is the same exact cover I got. I got mine used in Elpaso for $100. But no install kit/keys. I keep calling Fibernetics but they have horrible customer service and never call me back.
I need the install kit soon.
You think you could get some pictures of the hinges?
You think its possible to make some?

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Damn you did alot! Looks FANTASTIC, do they even make the hood still? I knida dig it more then the innovations.

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup that is the same exact cover I got. I got mine used in Elpaso for $100. But no install kit. I keep calling Fibernetics but they have horrible customer service and never call me back.
I need the install kit soon.
You think you could get some pictures of the hinges?
You think its possible to make some?
I wouldn't use the ones that come with it... they fucking suck, where the bed and the cab come together 2 metal clips stick out about 1.5in so if you hit any potholes or anything to shake or twist the cab or bed they hit the cab and leave dents.. i would suggest making your own hinges kinda like a house door hinge or something, but whatever it is it will need to be heavy duty the thing is a beast, or you can always get those flamingo looking hinges that have the shocks installed on them and just use something to hold it down in the back.

Also the brackets they use on the back have no support the only thing holding all that weight is the thin ass metal on the back of the bed, and when water gets in them rust sets in and the thing starts to rip apart, thats just my experience with it...

This is simular to what the hinge they use looks like its shit...

i would use somthing like this... but its more expensive.

the photo sucks but you might be able to see what im talking about...

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
I don't dig that hood for some reason. I think the SRT10 style hood is nicer. It'd be nice though if your Ram Air hood was functional. Other wise I like it.

·
Black Knights roflmao
2,368 Posts
OP: What's that red bottle in your last "after" engine shot? Located right infront of the a/c.

·
Registered
664 Posts
It looks like your passenger side headlight isnt seated correctly - there is a FAT gap on it.

Trucks look great.

Todd

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
3 years and you still haven't figured out how to slip that red terminal cover over the + battery terminal. :facepalm:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Good post. I think your truck looks better than when you started. It will look even better when you add some more PC/billet parts under the hood.

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
Glad that spoiler came off and the design on the side. Looks real fresh. Only gripe is that your exhaust looks like it's kind of falling down. Other than that, flawless.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts