Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
It's just a lil 318...
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would come back to the site and update some people on how my lil project was doing. Still getting traction dialed in. Thinking about moving my pinion angle some and needing some serious suspension upgrades like shocks lol. Still rolling on my hotchkis/bilsteins for now. Anyway here are a few pics of the truck and I just recently dynoed it.

Dyno Day The dyno sheet is a lil strange in that it stops at 6800rpms but it pulled to 7000rpms, some reason it didn't show that. This video is the backup pass.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The truck's last pass shaking the tires a bit went [email protected] on a 1.57 60'. I haven't made a full pass since it was Dyno Tuned, but it picked up about 25rwhp peak (an avg gain of 21hp over the curve) and 38lb.ft TQ peak (an average of 29 over the curve) I don't have the baseline pass :( But anyways I still have .2 in just suspension alone. I ran into some electrical issues and decided to put it down till next season, but I made a shakedown pass after I dyno tuned the truck and shut off at the 1000' mark recently going 1.62 60' shaking the tires and 11.79 @ 86mph. I will try and get those slips to photobucket tonight.

·
Registered
977 Posts
damn

·
It's just a lil 318...
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess it will help to put some specs on here for people that don't know the truck very well lol.

390ci Stroker
Clearwater P&P Iron Heads 2.02/1.62
CSR Electric Water Pump
.572/.585 248/258 @ .05 110
11:1CR
Ford 9" 4.33s w/spool
35 spline Strange Axles
29x12.50 Hoosiers
727 tqflite
850cfm 4150 Demon Carb

Thats about the basics. The race weight is 3580 (me included) The vid is hard to see but on that pass it made 455.6rwhp. So 450 is close enough :)

·
It's just a lil 318...
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a pic of the motor. I do not have the alternator anymore so this pic is a touch outdated but otherwise the same. Also an Idle/Rev clip (before tune)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Very interested. I dig the springs being moved inboard of the frame. Does it launch strait with that setup? :waiting:

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
nasty!

·
It's just a lil 318...
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very interested. I dig the springs being moved inboard of the frame. Does it launch strait with that setup? :waiting:
Just like it did when the leafs were on the outside! Had to be done to do the mini tub.

·
It's just a lil 318...
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

HELL NO, VERY INTERESTED. Badass truck man.

Thanks, very long project and the amount of headache for me to change it to 5 lug in the front :argue: Does seem like the site is dead compared to the last time I was here. 'Course that was almost 2 years ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts