Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get one for 200 bucks, has a few small stains but Im thinking I can get them out.

Does anyone have a bedrug with a flipped tailgate handle? What did yall do? Im wondering if you can cut a square just smaller then the mounting plate, install the bedrug, then screw the mounting plate back on to hold it together.

Anyone that has done something like this, pictures get rep!

B

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't remove a piece of material to expose the handle...maybe just a slit in the material the same length of the handle. You can still reach in the unlock the tailgate, but everything is still covered.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
I wouldn't modify it at all - use velcro on the left and right edges, but don't put any above where the handle sits. When you open up the tonneau or reach into the truck, just slip your hand between the bedrug and tailgate and grab the handle.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can do that. Just reach in. If I get it, what should I do to try to lift the stains? Also, any problems with water getting underneath? I dont want the bed to rot.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
I can do that. Just reach in. If I get it, what should I do to try to lift the stains? Also, any problems with water getting underneath? I dont want the bed to rot.
On my 03 CC R/T, I rolled on a thin coat from one of those do-it-yourself bed liner kits before installing the bedrug - then left the two drain plugs open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts