• Yes

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 34.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
lots of mods & no money
1,202 Posts
i like it too. i had dual racing strips to being to begin with, then a branch fell on the roof (no more strips there) then oil change place didnt shut my hood so srt-10 hood on the way (no strips on that) and now some guy smashed into the back of me so that means new tailgate and rollpan (no strips there) so now i think its time for sumthin different (personally those damn strips were jinx i think) so im thinkin bout the bed strip and my truck is same color as yours and i like so thanks for helpin me out too :wave:

·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Karas3434 said:
i like it too. i had dual racing strips to being to begin with, then a branch fell on the roof (no more strips there) then oil change place didnt shut my hood so srt-10 hood on the way (no strips on that) and now some guy smashed into the back of me so that means new tailgate and rollpan (no strips there) so now i think its time for sumthin different (personally those damn strips were jinx i think) so im thinkin bout the bed strip and my truck is same color as yours and i like so thanks for helpin me out too :wave:
Hey.....No problem! I was trying to get in on that SRT-10 hood buy, but didn't have the cash flow! :cussing:

AmberFireDaK said:
Do it! Where can you get them anyway? The black looks really good on the Amber Fire, I think I might have to do it!
Try this site Bed Stripe Site He seems to have the best styles! :biggthump I emailed him and they're running about $75 plus $5 for shipping.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I say yes,but its my opinion that it should say R/T or R/T 5.9.Just a little knowledge on stripes,The original owner said this truck unloaded at the dealership with this stripe already installed,so is it factory? I can't seem to find out.I was in contact with a guy who worked at the factory who said about the first 50 SY R/T's had the stripe then the idea faded out.It was suppose to be something special with SY being a special one year color,but again how can i prove any of this.

·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dakota g33k said:
i'd do it to my truck but the cap will more likely ruin the look

That's funny you say that.....I just seen earlier today a white Dodge Mini Van with a blue stripe running around the back. It actually didn't look too bad...except there was nothing really special about the van. Just a stock looking Caravan with a tail stripe.

·
Registered
728 Posts
just me being me, but i`d prefer the stripe painted on. unless ya just like the idea of a sticker in case you change your mind. i`m not normally a fan of the stripes, but the black stripe looks good on your color.

·
Sideways on Sundays
984 Posts
rtgrouchman said:
Thanks for all the input guys!

How many applied the stripe themselves.....Was it easy? Just curious how hard it is to get it lined up straight without bubbles and creases.
I say go for it man, it looks great on your truck. I put mine on myself (also got them from Glen). Lining them up is easy, Glen will send you the approx. measurments of where/how to line them up. The first one I used water with a little soap, and it was a pita :cussing: Then I got a hold of Glen and he said to try it dry, so I did, and that one came out perfect. :biggthump

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I say not on your truck. Some trucks can pull it off and others can't. Your looks fine the way it is.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
I would go more with a AAR Style Stripe than the Standard Butt Stripe kind of like my Gen 1.

The Reason I say this that alot of people have the Butt Stripe its about trying to be different and making your Dakota your own

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.