Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My first post here but I daresay not the last. I just bought a 01 Dakota Quad cab for someone who obviously loved this truck. It's in great shape.

A quick question concerning bed size. I'm looking for a topper for it and I'm seeing three different sizes. Long Bed, Short bed and Extra short bed. Can I assume that because this is a quad cab it has an extra short bed?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
My girlfriend's neighbor has a long bed dakota. It's kind of odd looking, probably just because I'm not used to seeing them like that

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2003 quad cab truck bed that is 63 inches long and my 2002 truck bed is 81 inches long long can I put the quad cab box on my frame

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
89 Posts
I bought a 2003 quad cab truck bed that is 63 inches long and my 2002 truck bed is 81 inches long long can I put the quad cab box on my frame
First of all -- bad info above -- there was no 8 foot bed after '99. Only the 5' and 6.5' beds.
What are you asking -- can you put the 5' bed on your 6.5' frame? Answer is no, not readily, because the short box is contoured to meet the quad cab. The longer box is flat fronted. And your frame will be too long, and the wheel base as well. It would be more work than it would be worth. And why would you want the smaller box?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts