Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure which forum I should put this in, but I recently bought a belltech 2/4 drop kit with springs, shocks, and shakles. It says I should take off the bed, but I don't know how to do that. Every thing afterthat i can handle.
thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
I believe all you should have to do is disconnect the gas filler neck from the bed, unplug the wires from your tail lights and fish them down out of the way. Unbolt the bed from the frame, get a buddy or two and lift.

·
Registered
92 Posts
my dad and I have installed a shackle kit on my first dakota and we did not take the bed off. It does get a little tight when installing the shackle by the gas tank but other than that it was not too bad.

·
Wicked 99 RT
410 Posts
turn down the bed

I recently took the bed off my dak to c-notch the frame. I was gonna do the work with the bed on, but wow was it much easier with the bed off. Take off your taillights and feed the wires back down through the bed...(dont forget about your license plate lights if you haver a rollpan), unscrew the four phillips head screws holding on the gas filler inside the fuel door, and unbolt the 8 bolts holding on the bed. If you have never had the bed off I would recomend an impact wrench to make the work easier. Stip as much weight off the bed as possible (tailgate, bed mat, bed cover...etc.) and get three other buddies to help lift. Let me know if you have any other questions....hope this helps.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My bud and I lifted his off for a fuel pump install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts