Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where are the bed bolts? how many? any advice/tips on the subject?

·
No habla jibber jabber
6,585 Posts
should be little tabs sticking off the frame with rubber bushings and im not sure how many but im gonna say 6. Someone will correct me if im wrong

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tail lights already out, bumper off. Need to do whatever to do the gas hose.

I hope i don't NEED a impact, because, i don't have air tools lol

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Tail lights already out, bumper off. Need to do whatever to do the gas hose.

I hope i don't NEED a impact, because, i don't have air tools lol
you dont need an impact, but it makes it so much easier. just crawl under there and look for the bolts. you cant miss them. there are a couple bolts in the rear that are in the frame. there is a hole in the frame so you can fit your socket in there. i thouhgt there was 8 bolts, but i could be wrong.

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got a breaker bar, if there's room to use it. Or if they aren't ungodly tight, i could probly use my cordless drill with the socket.. Won't know until i try it, right? lol

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
i got a breaker bar, if there's room to use it. Or if they aren't ungodly tight, i could probly use my cordless drill with the socket.. Won't know until i try it, right? lol
breaker bar will be fine. then use a 1/2 ratchet.

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Someone was telling me that you have to measure the gap between the cab and bed, and make sure the gap is the same when you put it back on? Evidently the bed can be moved back or forward? It doesn't just bolt up in 1 location..

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Someone was telling me that you have to measure the gap between the cab and bed, and make sure the gap is the same when you put it back on? Evidently the bed can be moved back or forward? It doesn't just bolt up in 1 location..
it can move alittle. it may take you alittle bit to line it back up when you put it back on. do you have a couple buddies to help you lift the bed off??

·
Registered
3,114 Posts

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
and the most important part.... disassemble the spare tire assembly of that tube that foes from the sprocket to the rear of the truck will F you all up

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Assuming you rig up some way to sit the brake lights on the frame, is it legal to drive with the bed removed?

If you have a tonneau cover does removing and returning the bed tend to throw them out of wack?

It seems to me it would be difficult to do this without denting or at least scratching the bed.

I'm tempted to put this on my ever-growing to-do list because it would let me clean up the rust and even apply bedliner or something to the underside of the bed.

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I abandoned this thread lol

Taking the bed off wasn't too bad, those bolts were on good too.

Someone had already got rid of the spare tire,etc so that was no bother.

I was able to get the bed off, and sit on the floor myself, but for anyone about to try this, i highly suggest you get a extra pair of hands or 2, it was fun lol

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
.... there are 8 bolts... no bumper removal and two bigger guys can easily lift it off... or three guys. the front is the heavy part.... OH take off tail gate haha.

dont forget three screws on the gas filler. then simply unplug tail light harness.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
didnt see page two.... sorry haha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts