Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have a 97-04 TWO wheel drive Dakota... what does your truck measure from the ground to the top of the bedrail?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bed rail height from the road is 44.25" behind the cab to 45.25" by the tailgate. This height includes the plastic bed liner so subtract maybe a quarter inch for the actual bed rail. I have the 16" wheels and tires.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bed rail height from the road is 44.25" behind the cab to 45.25" by the tailgate. This height includes the plastic bed liner so subtract maybe a quarter inch for the actual bed rail. I have the 16" wheels and tires.
Thanks so much!!

·
Lot's to Learn
152 Posts
Mine's 43.25" Front and back. It's had a cap on it and a Bed Rat in it for 20 Years. The springs might be giving a little.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 01 QC 2wd. Bed height behind the cab from ground to top of bed rail is 47.5", at the tailgate from ground to bedrail is 48" There is a difference of 1/2". I did a leaf spring shackle mod to increase the lift for heavier payloads, I did not like the sag and I also replaced the rear shocks with Monroe coil over shocks. The shocks gave me and added 1/2" lift in the back after I already installed the shackles. On a side note, I do have a 1" coil lift in the front, I initially wanted to eliminate the rake of the truck. Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts