Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2002 Dakota Sport Quad-Cab. I was wondering what the best type of carpeting for sound quality would be for the bed of my truck. And about how expensive would it cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
carpeting is not the best in the word sound denener you would want to use dyna mat or another product similar to dyna mat then put carpet down.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. how much (approx) does that cost to get put in, or would it be better to do it myself?

·
Registered
872 Posts
to install it, i dont know how much a shop would charge you to do it. If you are just doing the bed of your truck you might not need a shop, but if you choose to go that route they might charge you $15-30 and hour but every shop is different

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'm fairly new to the audio category, cuz i've been drivin a jeep wrangler around. No sense in puttin subs in that. But I looked at the dynamat.. interesting stuff. Been lookin at truck magazines and some threads on here.. looks like they takin a lot of stuff off of the truck and puttin the dynamat underneath...... will I have to do that or can i just stick it to the bed and carpet over it or somethin?

·
adicted to GT4
273 Posts
you could just let it stick there, dynomat is just a tarry rubber like substance that sticks to the surface you apply it to, and has a foil backing on the other side. if you install it yourself, be very careful as it is hard to lay down neatly if you don't take your time. Also some places have a spray in syle sound deadener that may work better, and install faster in the bed of your truck

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean its .. in a can... sounds a lot simpler! You know where I could get it? cuz i'm not very good at neatness lol

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
if you try to use the one in the can you, it will take forever since its only about 12 or 20 oz. But they also have it buy the jug, but ist kinda expencive plus you need to buy a spray gun. the easiest way to do it is to just get some line-x and a bud rug like im going to do.

etronics.com has it in both the can and jug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts