Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last friday night I was at the local show and shine, but it was kinda dead and the cops had already showed up, putting a damper on the pike burnout shows. So I went out cruising with my lil bro in the R/T (debadged black rts dont get much attention at shows except from those who know what they really are)

So fast foward 15 mins and im playing with a kid in an wrx in traffic. Once traffic finally clears, we run them three times. 0-55, 20-60, 35-80. On the 0-55 run I pulled about 1/2 a length off the line (while spinning) and had about a car when we shut them down. On the 20-60 run I let him have the jump cause I know the truck flies on the 3-1 downshift, after he downshifted and got on it, i matted the pedal, and jumped a jumped to about 1 car in front of him, and by 60 I had about two car lengths. On the 35-80 we left about even, and I pulled 2nd gear, I ended up with 1/2 a car length by 80.

It was, we pulled over in dairy queen to talk. The guy was kool, took me up a nice spot in west chester to hang out. He said his car ran 14.7 at cecil. So maybe I will hit a new best at the fall cecil meet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good run there! Unfortunately, unless it's really launched at a high rpm a wrx will bog and pull some really low times. They can't match the torque (stock for stock) and the top end needs help, but then again they weren't designed for drag racing but for going through turns in less than ideal terrain/weather conditions. They can be fun little cars though. They are from a stop with a good high rpm launch as quick as an srt4, but can't match the neon from a roll or top end power. Twisty roads would be a slightly different story though...

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
GreenMean318 said:
Nice kill , and yea it is a Subaru, ain't they just as fast as the SRT-4 or close to? Or is that a different Subaru car?
That's the STi WRX. It totally depends, from a stag, I can't belive he didn't smoke yer ars. I know if I was in a Turbo AWD car, I'd launch that b!tch off the Limiter. (Done it im my buddies 94 Talon once, who woulda though you can spin 4 tires with 4 cycs? LMAO)

What's with stealin the Name Bro?! I used to have a mean318 that was Green, haha That's scarry... :biggthump

G

·
:bow: O Sh!t man, i ain't trying to steel your name or anything, just have the same name on another dodge website. And my truck is Green with a 318, as for the mean part just flows with the green 318,though the paint is start to up chip away at some points but not very bad , and there some slight dings and well pretty much i would like to re-do the body. But the engines is strong. maybe i can change it to MeanGreen318.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good kill. The regular wrx is putting down about 185hp to the wheels.(stock) They are great for a nice 60ft, but after the 8th they really don't have much.

The only one I was able to run into at the track ran a 14.8 @ ??? to my 14.1 @ 102. I don't know what/if he had anything done to it, but I was stock right down to the air filter.

The sti is another story, they are not only good from a dig, but they have some pretty nice top end to boot. But thats expected out of a 300hp car. :drive:

·
Bitches come and get some
343 Posts
LiveDakota said:
Nice run. But get ready to have the tables turned if you hit a WRX STi from a roll. They're putting down a nice 300Hp to the wheels.

Thomas C.
Yeah, I didn't even beat one of those and my Durango is supercharged. Then again, I was not tuned, tranny was apparently on its way out, 1 plug wire was unplugged, and the MAP sensor was reading boost. Needless to say, I want to race the STi again when I get the Durango back.

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
GreenMean318 said:
:bow: O Sh!t man, i ain't trying to steel your name or anything, just have the same name on another dodge website. And my truck is Green with a 318, as for the mean part just flows with the green 318,though the paint is start to up chip away at some points but not very bad , and there some slight dings and well pretty much i would like to re-do the body. But the engines is strong. maybe i can change it to MeanGreen318.
Just giving ya some chit bro, no worries... :evil: :D :(

·
Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeh, my truck is no slouch off the line, Id assume he would have to rev the piss outta of it to get a good luanch, by ear sounded like a 25-3500 rpm clutch drop. So it had more in it, if he was willing to risk driveline damage.

My best 60' so far is 2.16 I kno STis are capable of 1.8x with a real high clutch drop. I dunno bout the regular rexs.

My buddies LGT 2.5 Turbo has the STi motor detuned to 250/250 and he runs 15.6 with an automatic. Keeps up with my truck from a roll though. With the auto theres no way to build boost on launch (unless he got a stall converter), his best 60 foots are in the 2.6 range which sux for AWD imo. lol our AWD jeep cuts consistant 2.20s

·
Bitches come and get some
343 Posts
Five9Dak said:
Yeh, my truck is no slouch off the line, Id assume he would have to rev the piss outta of it to get a good luanch, by ear sounded like a 25-3500 rpm clutch drop. So it had more in it, if he was willing to risk driveline damage.
WRXs are notorious for trans problems, as in the gears will get straight up torn apart if you launch them too high. I remember when I was considering buying one, hearing about people that didn't even launch that high having to fight to get a new transmission with only 8000 miles on the odometer.

·
Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeh if you break the tranny, subaru will say you were racing it and deny warrenty coverage. My one friend was actually concerned there may be a subaru rep at the drag strip and see him there lol. They are the only company I have ever heard deny warrenty coverage on a vehichle that sees weekend race duty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.