Dakota Durango Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Solid Axl'd Dakota
461 Posts
It's about damn time! Haha

I'm about to start on my 2nd SAS on my wife's 00' xcab.

Let's see some progress!

·
Frog Legs
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
It's about damn time! Haha

I'm about to start on my 2nd SAS on my wife's 00' xcab.

Let's see some progress!
I was thinking of starting a new thread for the build. This one is 200 posts with no progress.

What are you going to do different on the 2000 Dakota?

·
Solid Axl'd Dakota
461 Posts
I was thinking of starting a new thread for the build. This one is 200 posts with no progress.

What are you going to do different on the 2000 Dakota?
Hers is getting a pair of 03' Ram 3500 SRW axles. Using the stock 4 link with a different trac bar, stock spring bucket is cut off as I did on mine, with bilstein shock all the way around. Keeping the leaf springs out back with a shackle flip. I kept my shackle flip bracket templates from my rig. And a 78' F250 steering box.

The axles are staying stock 3.73s, LSD in the rear. One day I will go to a locker. This truck is being preassembled for a cummins conversion and will be drag racing in its later years.

·
Frog Legs
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
That's cool man. Something outside of the normal 44/9 combo. I will be watching that build.

Update. Got my garage 220 wired yesterday and my buddy dropped off his plasma machine. Next saturday is go time. I can't believe this is actually going to happen.

It is time anyways since the rear pinion is groaning and the front end is getting soft. I can't wait to get started.:woot:

·
Solid Axl'd Dakota
461 Posts
I agree with your previous thoughts of starting a new thread for the actual progress. And then snag your existing pics/tech/info from here and just add it as a prequel to your new thread. Make it easier on the new comers :)

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
:fail2: One thread is enuff!

·
Solid Axl'd Dakota
461 Posts
:fail2: One thread is enuff!
On what grounds?

This thread has 200 posts with hardly any solid axle tech. This thread should be closed and a proper one started when the real work happens. Not a bunch of chit chat. I mean honestly, do you want a new member to have to come in and dig through a year's worth of BS to get to the good stuff?

OR wait, better yet, maybe we should just have a mod waste his time clearing this one out. Its not like its summer and people have anything better to do...right?

This ones for you... :fail2:

·
Solid Axl'd Dakota
461 Posts
ah very nice, what spring packs did you use? I have been looking at 52" chevy 5 leafs to convert the front end of my 72' restomod from its stock 44" 3 leaf

·
Solid Axl'd Dakota
461 Posts
Keep me posted on the ride quality of those things. I didn't like rancho springs made for the 72' but they were a 3 thick leaf and 44"

how long are waggy springs?

·
Solid Axl'd Dakota
461 Posts
ok so I posted the pics in the old thread. From now I will be posting my progress in the other thread tittled The Build.
you should put a link to that thread in your sig

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rear speed sensor is for speedo up to 20km/h so to answer your question I will eliminate it. I am going to disco mine and test drive it to make sure first though.

Are you guys boxing or plating the inside of the front frame rails (the part of the frame nearest the radiator) when going leaf springs??

201 - 215 of 215 Posts