Dakota Durango Forum banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Frog Legs
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
When you finish you can take a little 3000 mile trip up to give me some initiative 4lo.
I'm the last guy to give initiative doode. 2 years and only parts to show for it.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
I'm the last guy to give initiative doode. 2 years and only parts to show for it.
I've had a full-width HP D44 sitting at my parent's house for the past 4+ years waiting to go under my truck. I will not get rid of that axle until I know for sure it won't ever be under my truck, so I know what you mean.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Haha, i hear ya. Ive got all parts/axles assembled/RTR but dont feel like buying tires/rims just yet (married in a year gotta save up). The axles are sitting outside uncovered, such a shame to watch all the new rotors/calipers/ballistic parts rust up
:funny:

·
Solid Axl'd Dakota
461 Posts
4lo, I'll have some pics from the Rubicon of Kevin and I out wheelin our SAS Dakotas in August... Hows that for incentive?

·
Frog Legs
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
So I find out that the knuckles are dodge dana 44 andthey will only accept chrysler calipers...poo. I was hoping to run ford everything but it is hard to find 5 bolt ford flat top knuckles around here. My plan now is to run the dodge outers and keep the flat top knuckles. The bolt pattern is the same. The used 4.56 ring and pinion set I got with the parts in one of the above posts set up perfectly so I saved a bunch on not having to buy a new ring and pinion.

·
Frog Legs
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
$905. That includes new ball joints, master overhaul kit, used shafts, new locking hubs, new u-joints set up of the used R&P...basically everything except calipers and rotors. I am trying to keep the cost down that is why I went with used as well as new stuff. If all goes well It looks like I may start my build this winter.

·
Frog Legs
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Pics of the 44 front complete and ready for install.

I still need to paint the diff cover since I replaced the old dented one.

And 1 pic of the garage not really totally organized yet and only a temporary setup until I get my shit together. We just moved in 1 month ago.

2,997 Posts
nice, i just got a 9'' last week.. and a new truck to do the sas on since the other one flipped 3 times.. i paid $150 for a hp44 and the 9"...got lucky as hell.. now i just need to find a place other then my parents house to do it.. are you running leafs at all?

·
Solid Axl'd Dakota
461 Posts
nice, i just got a 9'' last week.. and a new truck to do the sas on since the other one flipped 3 times.. i paid $150 for a hp44 and the 9"...got lucky as hell.. now i just need to find a place other then my parents house to do it.. are you running leafs at all?
Got a thread on what happedn to the truck???

·
Frog Legs
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
no updates. Waiting to buy the house we are renting in the spring and then a newer suv for the wife then I will have her old car to drive while I begin the actual build to the truck. I don't want to tap the panel for 220 for the shop until we buy the house. In the meantime I am getting my shop organized and ready...and still keeping my eye out for things like steering parts a steering box and rear leafs.

·
Frog Legs
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
wow 14 pages and NADDA,:jester:

So we bought a 2008 Pathfinder on sunday and that gives us the extra vehicle we need to take the truck off the road. Wiring up the garage saturday for the welder/ plasma cutter. Either this weekend or next the ifs is out. I am planing on this weekend if I can get the insurance transferred from the dakota to the car.

:mullet:Stay tuned it's happening.............................:mullet:

181 - 200 of 215 Posts