Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everything is new; Air Ram adaptors and BBK throttle body have been mounted to the 53034229AA intake manifold to ensure machining accuracy and fit. Even includes some block-offs (see pics) for unused manifold ports. Original hardware, boxes, paperwork and instructions for everything is included, in fact everything will fit into the intake manifold box and ship as one (33"x23"x16", ~20lbs).

As per usual, I went a little overboard wanting to mod my 2000 Dakota 4.7. Now the dust has settled a bit and I realize...it's just fine the way it is :^)

Anyways, my loss is someone else's gain; first $600 takes all...or make me an offer.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just curious, that red plastic cap/plug you have on the EGR port. Did you supply that yourself? Or did it come with the intake?

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I was wondering that as well... I would think a little back fire would pop that bad boy out... it would prevent the manifold from exploding into pieces but could also cause a a WOT issue if it where to come out while driving...

Either way... BUMP for a killer deal!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious, that red plastic cap/plug you have on the EGR port. Did you supply that yourself? Or did it come with the intake?
Yes. Whoever purchases the system can decide whether they wish to use it, and would then need to secure it in place. It's a press-fit at the moment...

·
Semper Fi
768 Posts
I'm still on the fence about it, was it ever installed? What kind of performance increase would there be (obviously coupled with full exhaust cai and a proper SCT tune) lol I just bought my 01 rango with 160k and promised myself no mods but sometimes the right deal pops up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On this forum, it has been stated that the differences between this manifold and what we have now is huge. Along with the 70mm TB it is a significant gain in HP/TQ.

The new manifold design versus the old (what you and I have) is significant. Maybe others in-the-know will chime in.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
This is a deal that will not be found any time soon... You can NOT get this kit for less than what he is selling it for. Just look at it! Its clearly new.

Gains would be in the 20RWHP range for your 2005 truck. Although the throttle body will not work on your 2005 since yours is NGC and his is JTEC.

On a 1999-2002 or ANY J-TEC engine, this combo would be worth 25-30 RWHP easily.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM PERFORMANCE

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
FYI HEMISARY... the 4 washers on the throttle cable bracket are intended to be placed between the adapter plates and the bracket in order to stand off the plates approximately 1/4in... I see you have them on the outside of the bracket... they should be sandwiched between the bracket and plates....

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
647 Posts
FYI HEMISARY... the 4 washers on the throttle cable bracket are intended to be placed between the adapter plates and the bracket in order to stand off the plates approximately 1/4in... I see you have them on the outside of the bracket... they should be sandwiched between the bracket and plates....

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
That's good to know bc i mocked mine up and put 2 and 2 and wasn't sure if i needed to put 1 on the outside or 2 or none. Anyways thanks for the clarification.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts