Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my custom battery tray is about wrapped up minus wiring the MSD and the main wiring for the battery - the strap was made by Mike Moore - I did the mount and the custom tray. I think I might paint the vortech logo in the strap blue as well to finish it off.

·
Boost.....coming soon :D
41,739 Posts
lookin' good todd :eek:nethumb:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clean as expected lol
Thanks Joe - that means alot coming after seeing some of the stuff you have done to yours.....next is the bottles - they are nicely polished up - I am getting really close, as you know the little shit takes for DAYS!!! And I am not blaming him but it took it a couple weeks to get a strap from Mike so that put me back a bit on getting that part of it done. I will post some more pix at a later date once more progress is done :)

lookin' good todd :eek:nethumb:
Thank you sir!!! LABONTE showed today!!!!!!!! YAY more to install! LOL!

Todd

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
What's the bottom made of? Looks like a plastic piece of another type of battery tray. How big is the oddesey batt? I have a Kinetik, make a batt. box that's 1/4" bigger than the actually battery, fits like a glove. Just need to mount it to the fender better

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
Thanks Joe - that means alot coming after seeing some of the stuff you have done to yours.....next is the bottles - they are nicely polished up - I am getting really close, as you know the little shit takes for DAYS!!! And I am not blaming him but it took it a couple weeks to get a strap from Mike so that put me back a bit on getting that part of it done. I will post some more pix at a later date once more progress is done :)

Thank you sir!!! LABONTE showed today!!!!!!!! YAY more to install! LOL!

Todd
Days is right. One thing I got out of doing everything is patience lol

Painting the logo would be a nice touch by the way.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the bottom made of? Looks like a plastic piece of another type of battery tray. How big is the oddesey batt? I have a Kinetik, make a batt. box that's 1/4" bigger than the actually battery, fits like a glove. Just need to mount it to the fender better
The bottom is a piece of diamond plate (I used the smooth side up) that I hand jig sawed to fit in there. It is painted with a krylon radiator paint - I used it to try to make it look like the plastic, guess that worked, LOL!

Odyssey is basically 6.5dX7.5wX6.75h

Todd

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Days is right. One thing I got out of doing everything is patience lol

Painting the logo would be a nice touch by the way.
It is far beyond patience for me now, it is almost just a fact of life, literally! LOL!

Do you know if duplicolor makes viper blue in the scratch repair stuff - that might look nice for the logo?

Todd

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
The bottom is a piece of diamond plate (I used the smooth side up) that I hand jig sawed to fit in there. It is painted with a krylon radiator paint - I used it to try to make it look like the plastic, guess that worked, LOL!

Odyssey is basically 6.5dX7.5wX6.75h

Todd
LOL! WOW it did hah! Had me fooled looks excellent

The Kinetik is a bit smaller, the 6.5 is 5.5 on mine I think. How long have you had it? How do you like it? My Kinetik is almsot a year old and still good as new

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL! WOW it did hah! Had me fooled looks excellent

The Kinetik is a bit smaller, the 6.5 is 5.5 on mine I think. How long have you had it? How do you like it? My Kinetik is almsot a year old and still good as new
Dunno - never fired the truck off with it on there.....this has been a never ending project, I will let everyone know what I think of the odyssey. I do know they need to be on a charger if you dont drive much, short drives wont charge them effectively.

Todd

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
Dunno - never fired the truck off with it on there.....this has been a never ending project, I will let everyone know what I think of the odyssey. I do know they need to be on a charger if you dont drive much, short drives wont charge them effectively.

Todd
I wodner if the Kinetiks are like that? Does a month count? Because they say after a month they drop a couple of volts and need to be charged.

They sell battery charger things that you hook up to it, they're expensive as hell though.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
And I am not blaming him but it took it a couple weeks to get a strap from Mike so that put me back a bit on getting that part of it done. I will post some more pix at a later date once more progress is done

yes this project was cursed from the get go. I actually made him another strap and botched the dimensions up so i started over. i even insured the shipment and i have never done that b4

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
It is far beyond patience for me now, it is almost just a fact of life, literally! LOL!

Do you know if duplicolor makes viper blue in the scratch repair stuff - that might look nice for the logo?

Todd
no idea. You should call your buddy JM up and ask what hes uses for his valve covers lol

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no idea. You should call your buddy JM up and ask what hes uses for his valve covers lol
Yeah good idea - I wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire, but let me call him to get some paint info....:funny:

Todd

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Looks great! I love how you have nice tubes covering the long screws.

How did you go about mounting something for the long screws to screw into? I'm thinking about trying to find a way to mount my optima sideways like that so I have more access for my CAI to go down into my fender.
thanks,
Stuart

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks great! I love how you have nice tubes covering the long screws.

How did you go about mounting something for the long screws to screw into? I'm thinking about trying to find a way to mount my optima sideways like that so I have more access for my CAI to go down into my fender.
thanks,
Stuart
It is just all thread and aluminum tubing that I polished from lowes. The bottom is double nutted (easy you fags) with a washer and the tap is stainless cap nuts. I had to hog out the stock battery tray in the back to give the all thread/nuts a relief to sit inside. That is about it....it is all I could think of to not have some nasty ass allthread showing - they dont make actual bolts that long, LOL!

My tray that I made is then held in place with allen caps using the stock mounting locations.

Todd

1 - 17 of 17 Posts