Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 year old gel battery. Its made from interstate battery. Since I have been laid off, I drive my wifes Grandma Mobile. Its a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer. Every bell and wissle you can think of. Don't get my wrong its nice. I love the heated seats.

I try to start my Durango once or twice a week and go for 15 minute drive. The battery has been died for the past 2 start ups. That last start up it took forever to get started because the battery was so died. Once I got it started and reved up to 1000 RPM's I let off the throttle and it dies. It starts right back up. I finely let it run for about 20 mins and turned it off. I have stinger volt meter on my battery, when its running its say 14.61 volts and My personal volt meter is saying 14.61 volts at the ALT.

Any Ideas. Maybe time for a new battery??

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
any new battery is better than a dead one, but just buy one of the top quality brands and not the bottom of the line and you will be fine. i just put a duralast gold in my truck and like it so far.

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So pretty I also up graded the wire from the batter to the fuse box toa 4 gauge and the ground is a 1 gauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts