Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Swap Meet Moderator
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I ordered some Moog Ball joints from Summit racing ..did a search by my truck 99 dak 2wd and the part #'s they gave me are

K7267 & K7242

Then I was talking with Peacock and he asked Tod what part #'s I needed and he gave me

K7392 & K7393

So which ones are the correct ones for my truck? I want to make sure I have the right ones before we tear apart the truck LOL

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
this is goin back a long way to my 98 when i did them in 05, but the second set of numbers you put down there actually seem familiar. if you already ordered the ones from summit, youll just have to wait and see. the ones you need will be a 4 hole, flat mounting surface for the lowers and a 3 hole mount for the uppers. the lower gets sandwhiched between the upper and lower sheet metal layers of your lower control arm. if the ones in there are still factory... may god be with you. i did mine hung over, and 5 hours with an air hammer and chisels is def not fun. and pray that the rubber boots are already installed when you pull them out of the box. there are many nightmare stories about just gettin that f*&#ing boot to fit on the balljoint.

·
Swap Meet Moderator
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm doesn't help much LOL i am having a buddy install them for me, im just going to be there to help... no way am I going to try these on my own LOL

·
14 cylinders
2,101 Posts
K7392 & K7393 are what I put on mine, but it's a 2000.

According to Rock Auto the correct numbers for a 1999 are K7241 & K7242. K7267 is for 4WD.

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
On my 1998 R/T I used Moog K7241 & K7242. I just checked for your year and its the same. While I was doing that stuff I installed Moog inner/outer tie rods, Moog sway bar end links, and Energy Suspension control arm bushings. It made a nice noticeable difference :D

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
On my 1998 R/T I used Moog K7241 & K7242. I just checked for your year and its the same. While I was doing that stuff I installed Moog inner/outer tie rods, Moog sway bar end links, and Energy Suspension control arm bushings. It made a nice noticeable difference :D
that's what i'm hoping to do in the spring. :D

·
Swap Meet Moderator
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K7392 & K7393 are what I put on mine, but it's a 2000.

According to Rock Auto the correct numbers for a 1999 are K7241 & K7242. K7267 is for 4WD.
hmm wonder why i got k7267 ... damn summit(or user lol) Cool thanks guys ill send back the K7267 and get the K7241 to replace them..thanks guys!!

·
Swap Meet Moderator
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see where i went wrong .. it gives you 3 options when you search by 99 .. and i got the top optoin but no where does it say 4wd...lol oh well ill send em back and get the K7241

and these things say greasable but i dont see the nipple to grease em ..hmmm

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
I see where i went wrong .. it gives you 3 options when you search by 99 .. and i got the top optoin but no where does it say 4wd...lol oh well ill send em back and get the K7241

and these things say greasable but i dont see the nipple to grease em ..hmmm
Mine had them. I had to screw them in myself they don't come preinstalled but thats easy.

·
Swap Meet Moderator
74,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine had them. I had to screw them in myself they don't come preinstalled but thats easy.
Oh maybe there in the bag of parts then LOL .. i haven't looked at them much .. was waiting on a buddy that was going to help me install them, now i have to get the right ones first LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts