Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh::huh::huh:i have a 98 durango with 5.2 and 179,000 miles. ive had thhis issue last yr and still have the same problem. i have luke warm heat. new radiator, radiator cap, new hoses, replaced three 190-195* thermostats, new heater core, new water pump, new fan clutch, i do hear the flap change positions in the heater box. im tired of being cold in this damn thing. help??? and yes fluids are good and no air in lines either! :huh::huh::huh::huh:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Sounds like you have a blend door issue. Why did you change the heater core, was it for the luke warm heat?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reason I replaced the heater core due to windshield fogging up real bad. It was actually bad it has a small leak in it.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
So before you changed the heater core, it had heat, but leaked? Based on that assumption, it could be that you didnt seal the case good, or you have blend door issues, which would not be uncommon. If you changed the t-stat, the heater core, the waterpump, and everything else, that would be my guess.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
what about the heater cable? im tearing into mine next weekend with the same probs minus heatercore replacement and the new rad. i flushed my heatercore allready and it flowed great. no leaks either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts