Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
R/Tless...for now
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up an '02 CC 4x4 tonight. :)

Only 55k miles, very clean, 4.7, auto, power options, tow package, heavy duty service group, trip computer, pretty much everything. Only thing that I wanted that it doesn't have is 3.92s and LSD, but that can be fixed later. Needs a few minor things, like the headlights are yellow and some of the trim is faded, small stuff that comes with having a vehicle sit outside.

It has new tires on it, but they're all season highway tires, I'll probably put some decent all terrains on it and level it with a small tbar crank. Then next year step it up with a BL, 33's and gears.

Basic plan right now is to paint the bumpers/handles, tint the windows, SS grilles, spray in bed liner and soft tonneau. Some audio stuff too, already have a loaded MTX thunderform that will be going in, need to get some decent speakers and a new head unit.

These are the only pics I have, and they're from the ad, I'll get more next week after the storm.

·
R/Tless...for now
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love my r/t wheels and I just did a body lift with 32's
I want your grille super bad
Truck looks great! :eek:nethumb:

I'm a big fan of the monochromatic look, that's one of the things that I've always liked about the R/Ts. So I'll make the 4x4 match. :D

Oh, decals are coming off too, asap.

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
you better not start modding the 4x4 before you finish the 425!

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
good buy!

·
R/Tless...for now
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you better not start modding the 4x4 before you finish the 425!
LOL The 4x4 will help me get the R/T finished, gonna use it to tow the R/T out to VB so I can work on it out here during the week and actually get it on the road. :)

Wow, I wonder how things would have turned out if you got the 4x4 then instead. :jester:
I probably would have just stayed in the offroad world, always was a 4x4 guy until I found the R/T. I was never into drag racing until I decided to buy the R/T and meet up with some of the NE guys at Cecil, then I was hooked. :)

There was even a time when I absolutely hated lowered trucks. Now I just hate stock trucks, doesn't matter if they're 2wd or 4wd, either need to be higher or lower, stock is just stuck in the middle. LOL

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
I probably would have just stayed in the offroad world, always was a 4x4 guy until I found the R/T. I was never into drag racing until I decided to buy the R/T and meet up with some of the NE guys at Cecil, then I was hooked. :)

There was even a time when I absolutely hated lowered trucks. Now I just hate stock trucks, doesn't matter if they're 2wd or 4wd, either need to be higher or lower, stock is just stuck in the middle. LOL
Man I was/am the same exact way. My first truck was a 4x4 and I would always go out to the trails and mud holes with my buddies. I was all about lifted trucks and that was it. Then I got my R/T and having both styles of trucks was great. Now, like you said, it doesnt matter either way...as long as its done tastefully its ok in my book! :mullet: Stock is so... boring haha.

·
R/Tless...for now
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like a nice truck.do you ever plan on taking it off road?
Absolutely! I'm gonna stick with some all terrains for now, cause for the next six months it's gonna see a lot of highway miles (prob 15-20k), but later on it'll get a body lift, 33's and gears and see more offroad action. I miss getting off the pavement and tearing it up.

Here's my old Dak, this was when I lived in Colorado, used to hit the mountains all the time:

·
R/Tless...for now
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man I was/am the same exact way. My first truck was a 4x4 and I would always go out to the trails and mud holes with my buddies. I was all about lifted trucks and that was it. Then I got my R/T and having both styles of trucks was great. Now, like you said, it doesnt matter either way...as long as its done tastefully its ok in my book! :mullet: Stock is so... boring haha.
I don't think I can ever own a stock vehicle again. Only reason the Durango is still stock is because the wife won't let me touch it :jester: And the Honda isn't worth modding, so I never did anything with it LOL

·
R/T ON 44's
590 Posts
Absolutely! I'm gonna stick with some all terrains for now, cause for the next six months it's gonna see a lot of highway miles (prob 15-20k), but later on it'll get a body lift, 33's and gears and see more offroad action. I miss getting off the pavement and tearing it up.

Here's my old Dak, this was when I lived in Colorado, used to hit the mountains all the time:

Man,you sure do have some nice dakota's:mullet:looking forward to seeing some off road pics when you get your tires on.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
She looks good. BTW you don't live very far me at all. I dont go up to Va Beach much though...

·
Registered
522 Posts
nice truck ;) just something about the color i think :mullet:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts