Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cousin recently changed my back drums on the D, and now the back end shakes at speeds above 50mph. when driving i notice a little vibration, but when sitting in the back seat, i can really feel the vibration. is it possible the brakes need adjusting or something similar? any info anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. if it matters, he replaced the back pads and had the drums turned. thanks again. :help:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dude,

I know with Drum brakes it can become a bitch ... I would check it myself as follows :

Lift up the back, and try turning the wheel (truck in Neutral) (both driver and passenger wheel) and see if you get at least one full turn ... depedning on the force you use and you have ... kinda like the wheel on the price is right :banana2: you should be able to make one full turn... if it turns too much, you should adjust it, I doubt that this would be the cause of the vibration, but it certainly means that the front brakes are working alone to stop a big horse of the kind. If you cannot even do one turn, then they are way to tight ... might be the cause of tha vibration ...

good luck.... :drive:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts