Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Automotive Pinstriper
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 99 clubcab 4x4 with V6 auto and 61,000 miles for 5000 and am curious, anyone done a babyseat in the clubcab? Enough room or not really. As much as I hate to ask, anyone got pics? This thing is gorgeous! Was thinking 3" body lift and 31" tires and have fun! Anyone?

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
well you can put one in I suppose there is room.

I dont have a kid so I couldt say i have any experience with one.

but with a kid why not get a qc?

18,185 Posts
I tired once... the one I had wouldn't go in the back, had to put it in the front. The good thing is the CC's and RC's have a switch to turn off the passenger airbag.

I've heard of some CC's having a latch for car seats in the back... none of mine have had it

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
mine does

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
It is suppose to be put in the front and that is the reason for the airbag switch!

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
There are LATCH car seat anchors in ALL of the CC's. Behind the upper cushion are mounts, you just need the little anchors that come with the truck. Trouble is, nobody keeps them.

As mentioned though, the RC and CC trucks have the passenger shutoff switch for anyone under a certain age (12 or so I think), not just babies in car seats.

18,185 Posts
There are LATCH car seat anchors in ALL of the CC's. Behind the upper cushion are mounts, you just need the little anchors that come with the truck. Trouble is, nobody keeps them.

As mentioned though, the RC and CC trucks have the passenger shutoff switch for anyone under a certain age (12 or so I think), not just babies in car seats.
I doubt very much that the previous owners of either of my 2000's took the time to pull the back rest off to remove the anchor.

The mounts very well me be there in all CC's I've never really noticed myself, but I don't think they ALL came with the anchor

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
The anchors aren't attached from the factory. They come in a bag and you bolt them on when you need them.

Besides, that upper cushion just pulls down...

·
Automotive Pinstriper
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I WOULD buy a QC, but you cant FIND one within 300 miles for under 8000 or 9000. This thing is $5000 and imaculate....

B

·
0 Posts
You'll be able to convince yourself by simply trying to get into the rear seat of a CC. They're great for storage but a real bitch to get in and out of. Never tried putting a baby seat back there in mine, but I could only imagine it would be even more of a bitch to try to get a baby in and out of a baby seat back there.

Do yourself a favor and keep looking for a QC. You'll thank yourself later.

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
for our first, yes, I would put him in the front seat, with a rear facing child seat, and turn the airbag off whenever he was in there.

with our 2nd, I once tired to put him in the back, with a rear facing child seat, and it just would not fit at all..the seat was only half supported by the seat, the rest was hanging off into nothing, then the front seat had to be so far forward that it was unusable for a passenger.

now, with my oldest being in the little jump seat/booster thingy, I just toss it in the back and he sits on it, uses the regular seat belt, and has no problems at all.

I never did try a front facing child seat in the back.

how old are your kids? if they're past the rear facing seat days, then you could possibly get away with just a club cab...until they turn 10, then they won't fit back there at all.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that if you have a cc, it is safer for the child to ride in the front seat. There were more injuries to children in the back seat then there were in the front. :huh: You can research it if you like.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
You will not fit a rear facing seat in the back o a CC, but you can it front facing ones back there. I actually have two in mine right now.

As for the anchors, they were only on the '01+ trucks. '00 and older did not come from the factory with the tethers mounts. Anyone who says different has never owned a '97-'00 Dakota CC. In '00, the holes are there for the mounts, but the mounts themselves weren't supplied from the factory. I am using the upper ones to mount my 4-point harness.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I had my son in a rear facing car seat in the back of my club cab. I got the carseat from a local fire department and they installed it as well, so, I assume it was safe and mounted right. I had to remove the trim and padding, however. If you can remove the center console, then you should be able to fit a rear facing carseat in the middle (I couldnt figure out how to get mine out). Forward facing carseats will fit fine behind either seat, but you'll lose a bit of room in whichever seat its behind and getting kids in and out without bumping your head or theirs isnt the easiest thing in the world. Now, I just put my guy up in front with my and turn the air bag off.
Lately, I've been wishing I had a Quadcab, but wouldnt know what to do with that short ass bed

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
I had my son in a rear facing car seat in the back of my club cab. I got the carseat from a local fire department and they installed it as well, so, I assume it was safe and mounted right. I had to remove the trim and padding, however. If you can remove the center console, then you should be able to fit a rear facing carseat in the middle (I couldnt figure out how to get mine out). Forward facing carseats will fit fine behind either seat, but you'll lose a bit of room in whichever seat its behind and getting kids in and out without bumping your head or theirs isnt the easiest thing in the world. Now, I just put my guy up in front with my and turn the air bag off.
Lately, I've been wishing I had a Quadcab, but wouldnt know what to do with that short ass bed
When they get old enough to get into the car seats on their own it makes it a lot easier. I have my daughters convertible seat in the center. She climbs in from the front through the center. And my son sits behind the passenger seat in a booster. I'm 6'5" and lose some leg room, but nothing that makes me overly uncomfortable while driving. Yesterday had both my kids in the back and my wife in the passenger seat. It's not the best way to ride, but it gets the job done when needed. We have a Charger for our normal family car which does MUCH better, but we needed the bed of the truck last night to haul tiles and cement board for the bathroom remodel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts