Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to leave a note here for anyone and everyone who is looking to upgrade their transmission or torque converter. DO NOT use APS Precision. Look up someone else like PATC, BMR, or Martin Saine for your work.

I have a long, bad history with this guy that started when he sold me a 2600 stall converter for my original trans which caused a no-shift condition at WOT and which the lockup feature stopped working after about a month. I wouldnt be surprised if it was someone elses used converter he sold me.

Then, foolishly, I bought a brand new transmission from Wayne thinking that with his experience he could build me something strong and at the same time something that would finally shift at WOT. WELLLL, 3 GRAND later i got a transmission that looked nice but still wouldnt shift under WOT unless the TV cable was pulled all the way loose with shifts at random rpm levels and barely any kickdown when flooring it. I can say the SOLE reason why my truck wont run 12 second quarter miles is because of this scumbag lowlife.

Now he tells me I MAY have to grind this valve down or change tv springs or WHATEVER. Bottom line is that I paid over 3 grand for a "high performance" transmission and I shouldnt have to take anything apart or grind anything down. I must have dropped the valvebody in my truck at least 10 times since I bought it and at least another 20 more times of dropping the pan on it. thats a lot of wasted time and ATF+4 fluid and money.

If I had the money, I would rip this piece of crap outta my truck, piss on it, blow it up, and install a Tremec TR-6060 and live happily ever after!!!!

Also, just so everyone is clear, I have never had a problem with any sponsor or merchant for the dakota r/t or for my ls1 trans am. This guy Wayne is in a class or should i say classless of his own.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Why a TR-6060????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why a TR-6060????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
because thats the viper trans. prob the best trans to put behind an r/t

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
sorry to hear that man. im so tired of hearing how people are getting ripped off all the time anymore. what the hell is wrong with people. good thing i got my stuff from martin. good luck man. whats he saying about fixing it? is there some kind of warranty?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Damn, that sucks man. Shouldn't it have a warranty? I'd think they'd stand behind their work.

Warlock451 up here put a nice torque converter from them in his 3.9L dakota and has had nothing but good luck with it from what I understand.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was never really quoted a warranty so i doubt it. even if i was, the labor charges alone to swap out tranmissions and torque converters is huge. just real dissappointed that after spending over 3 grand on a 46re that it still has issues. the thing should be perfect. now i am gonna try the gm governor solenoid conversion and see if that fixes this no shift problem. if it doesnt then i think i am going to get a full manual valvebody and just live with it.

·
the DOC can SUCK IT !!!
2,523 Posts
was never really quoted a warranty so i doubt it. even if i was, the labor charges alone to swap out tranmissions and torque converters is huge. just real dissappointed that after spending over 3 grand on a 46re that it still has issues. the thing should be perfect. now i am gonna try the gm governor solenoid conversion and see if that fixes this no shift problem. if it doesnt then i think i am going to get a full manual valvebody and just live with it.
for 3k you should've went with a saine trans, it would've cost you the same

·
Registered
668 Posts
I was gonna suggest it but you already are doing what I would suggest since the description of the symptom matches what the PATC site says it fixes.

My trans did this the other day and that's with the correct TV adjustment. I've set the tv many times and out of nowhere, there came a no upshift problem. Now I have a p1762 code "too high or too low voltage" on the gov pressure sensor. The gov press sensor basically is showing what pressure the solenoid is giving the trans. Seems the gm conversion may be the correct route for me as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for 3k you should've went with a saine trans, it would've cost you the same
now that i know about saine and his good rep, i wish i woulda known back then otherwise ida def gone with him.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was gonna suggest it but you already are doing what I would suggest since the description of the symptom matches what the PATC site says it fixes.

My trans did this the other day and that's with the correct TV adjustment. I've set the tv many times and out of nowhere, there came a no upshift problem. Now I have a p1762 code "too high or too low voltage" on the gov pressure sensor. The gov press sensor basically is showing what pressure the solenoid is giving the trans. Seems the gm conversion may be the correct route for me as well.
weird thing is i have no codes at all. my truck wont even go into first or second gear unless i manually shift it there. i would think id get some codes for this but nuthing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts