Dakota Durango Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update again: This didn't fix anything, the truck is barely drivable. Gear indicator lights turn on and off, and it just randomly picks the wrong gear to be in all of the time, including neutral sometimes. I thought it might be moisture related, but it's been 80s and 90s this week, dry as a bone and it barely made it across town. Anyone have any ideas? The swapped relay is clattering away like a maniac, same as the previous one, so it's whatever controls that relay that I believe is causing the issue.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Anyone know where ground 113 is? That might be the "trans relay" ground, maybe it's the issue. Funny how there are 44.7 million Gen 2 Dakotas in my town alone, and all Chrysler products are broken 24/7, yet there is very limited information on the internet about these model years.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I can't find anything obvious, so I ordered a used TCM up. I replace it a few years back, but it didn't really change anything, so maybe I've got a power issue and a TCM issue, who knows. The problem is that I'm not sure if 2WD and 4WD TCMs are the same. Truck is 2WD, TCM inbound tomorrow is same year/engine, but 4WD. We'll see, truck only goes backwards right now, can't get worse than that.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts