Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stroked 91
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you Durango guys heard of, or know of anyone who was made their genI Rango into a stick. This is something I'm continplating on doing. I don't want to do any major mods, I just hate driving autos, and I simply refuse to buy any other SUV. I love the Durango, and I'm planning on picking one up as soon as I return to the states. This vehicle will be my daily driver, and it will be used to tow my Dakota to shows. I know that this is going to be an expensive process, so I would appreciate just the facts. If money was a concern for me with reguard to this issue, I wouldn't even be thinking about it. So far I know that I can swap an NV3500 out of a Dak, and use Dak pedals, along with the PC, and flywheel. Other than the Pedals, steering colum, pcm, wiring harness, tranny, clutch kit, what all else should be involved. I know that I have to cut the floor as well in order to get the stick through. I'm planning on making my Durango into the SUV that Chrysler should've built. Thanks for putting up with this long thread, and any advice or comments are appreciated.

Jay

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
1,549 Posts
I would love to see that Jay!! I'm like you I hate driving auto...

It would be easier to do the work on a 2wd D, otherwise the transfer case would be a problem. Try finding a 5.9 2wd D, that would be a great project!!!

And if you change your mind you can always get a Jeep Liberty with the Diesel or 3.7L motor, 6 speed manual and 3.73 gears.

·
Stroked 91
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the support Anthony,

I agree with you that it would be much easier to do on a 2 wheel drive durango. That is the plan for now, if it falls threw than I will pic up a liberty, I just think they are a little to small for my needs. Again it is going to be a daily driver, with ocasional tow duties. I just think it would be cool to have one of the only manual durango's. I'm sure I won't get anything for resale, but I don't plan on selling it once I'm finished, it would truely be mine own creation. Anyhow thanks again for the encouragement, now it's time to start looking around for some trucks.

Jay :drive:

·
Stroked 91
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good one Scat, I never thought about that one, that's actually an Idea. We will have to see.

Jay

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would think the cab is basically the same from durango to dakota as long as its a similar year. For the most part the swap seems it should be pretty straightforward. There was another post about this idea on another dodge board, dodgetalk.com i believe. I would love to see this done and have considered doing it once my tranny craps out if i have the resources.

Bottom line..keep us updated and if you do it...lots of pics!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.