Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I cannot find my owner's manual, so could somebody please let me know if it's possible to disable the auto door locking feature of the '02 Dodge Dakota QC?

Apparently after the truck reaches 15+ mph, the doors automatically lock, which is a cool safety feature and I have no problems with. However, upon parking the truck, getting out and trying to open one of the back doors to get groceries or the child, they're still locked! :confused: It's a minor annoyance, but if it can be changed, I'd sure like to know how. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. :)

- Herbie

·
Registered
504 Posts
It will require you to pull the drivers side door panel. There should be a control wire terminated at the door lock switch. Disconnect the control wire and the doors will no longer automatically lock.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. . .I wish there was a way to not have to disable the auto door locking altogether. I've never rode in the back, but I think you can pull the handle from the inside to open the door (even if the lock is engaged), unless the child-lock switch is on.

Like I said, I like the auto-lock feature, but there should also be a complementary auto-unlock feature. I guess nobody else has this problem. . .

- Herbie

·
Registered
209 Posts
Your complaint must have been heard by the gods at DC because my 04 D, all the doors unlock when it's in park and the driver's door is opened....of course, it doesn't really help you now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts