Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Montana Dodge's BFF
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got any tips for me as I'm going to order some por-15 for the frame of the R/T that will be under the floor.I plan to paint it on with foam brushs and use gloves,any other helpfull tips???

DEPUTY

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
They have a metal prep for bare metal I believe. Im planning on doing my entire frame and other misc parts in por15 this summer.

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
Yeah they require you to use their metal ready if it does not have surface rust. Make sure you only pour out what you need because the stuff dries fast

·
*********.COM
1,259 Posts
Eastwood products also offers high quality frame paints as well. Check them out.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Be careful with it...it's hard to get rid of.

It does adhere better to clean metal with a light surface rust on it, as mentioned.

·
THE YETI
15,862 Posts
I did my entire Frame 4 years ago and it has held up really good
Dont get it on yourself wear a tyvek suit and kep the gloves on it doesnt come off

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
yes use the metal ready i did the frame on my truck with it as it sits but i also did my cj7, frame off resto. it goes on very thin. a little goes a long way unless its very rusty. then it takes a good bit. if you buy a gallon it will last cover alot. first thing to do is get some quart paint cans at least five. yes i know 4 to a gallon :) . and split it up. the stuff hardens in the can if you keep mixing air to it. and then also get some smaller containers to pour from the quarts in,this is use to dip the brush in. i used the black foam brushes they seem to work the best. the second coat gets a little tricky its hard to tell where you've been. don't put the second coat on until its just getting un tacky. the second coat goes really fast. just don't get it on anything you don't want it to stay on. lacquer thinner works the best, to get it off your skin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts