Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used AT-205 Reseal for rejuvenating the rubber on boots and bushings? I've got a 2002 Dakota and want to keep all the rubber flexible and prevent it from cracking. Any other suggestions for maintaining these parts?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
156 Posts
I've never used the product, but really the only way to keep seals and other rubber parts flexible is to use them, exercise them, don't let them sit for an extended period of time. They take a set that is unforgiving once they sit and can leak or deform, crack, etc.

That said, the seals and rubber on your truck -- and mine -- are all approaching 20 years old and can be expected to fail. Never tested nor spec'd to live past 7 years or 150,000 miles. In fact in most cases, the manufacturers are perfectly happy just to have them outlive the warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never used the product, but really the only way to keep seals and other rubber parts flexible is to use them, exercise them, don't let them sit for an extended period of time. They take a set that is unforgiving once they sit and can leak or deform, crack, etc.

That said, the seals and rubber on your truck -- and mine -- are all approaching 20 years old and can be expected to fail. Never tested nor spec'd to live past 7 years or 150,000 miles. In fact in most cases, the manufacturers are perfectly happy just to have them outlive the warranty.
Have you ever used silicone spray on boots/bushings? No more greasable fittings anymore. So, how is one to preserve our older vehicles?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
156 Posts
There is NO magic formula that prevents rubber degeneration. Period. You replace worn out parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts