Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Durango with a 4.7 and the 5 speed automatic tranny and I have been looking high and low for any performance programmer, pcm or chip and haven't had much luck. Are there any available now? I see that post about superchips getting ready to release, but how about currently?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nothing yet. There's a Jet chip out but those are pretty much sh*t from everything I've ever heard. There's a post on this site that says Superchips should have one out around the end of the year or early next.

S

·
0 Posts
Hypertech is suposed to have one coming out but they are dragging their feet. They've been telling me 3 more month everytime I call and thats been over 2 years now. You figure somebody woulda had one for it by now considering the motor has been around for at least 5 years with it being in the Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know what you mean. I've been looking for a few years myself. Can anyone tell me if the chips or programs are tailored to your needs or are they just generic to different levels . What I am looking for is everyday driving,normal grade of gas and something that is not permanent. I need something that only works when realy needed or at least dialed in ,kinda like the diesels if that's feasable. I dont want something thats constantly maxing out the vehicle i need my truck to last. I 'm not looking for speed ,just a little more grunt.
Lifes a Journey..Not a Destination" So don't be in hurry..

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Superchips just released a tuner and it should be available to buy the 1st of the year. It is not really what you are looking for though. On an episode of "Trucks" they installed this performance system was adjustable inside the cad. It was on a ford F-350 though. So I am not sure if it will work for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts