Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i am going to possibly grab a 91 ext cab 2wd with the v8 tonight. body has almost no rust. is there anything i should look at on these trucks? i am getting it for pretty cheap. has the auto tranny. was lady owned and driven.
never owned a dakota, but have read good things.
thanks

·
I hate you people.
2,831 Posts
Miles?

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
im jealous, lucky you got the 5.2.

but yes, miles would help.

·
Registered
864 Posts
only problem i ever really had with my stock '91 was one of the grounds was loose by the washer fluid reservoir and behind the fuse panel. Otherwise the engine and drivetrain kept ticking for me, until i swapped it for a Magnum engine. Really that's the only issue i would say is the Magnum engined trucks (92+) are way better as the '91 model year uses throttle body injection vs. the multiport fuel injection used in the magnum engines, a base magnum engine also produces more power than the LA engine in the 91 and older trucks.

Either way though its a 318 it will keep chugging along.

·
keep your stick onthe ice
1,058 Posts
rust on the frame rails specifically by the gas tank and shackle mounts. Those TBI 318s get great gas mileage and have pretty good power if they are running right.

·
SRT-8 Dakota
902 Posts
check to make sure the overdrive and cruise control is working if both ar inop its probably the speed distance sensor on the side of the transmisson. Other then that theres not much to look for. Ive had mine since 02 and have put almost 100k on it since i bought it. I now have 189k on it and 71K since i rebuilt the tranny. No major issues at all just your tipical wear and tear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here's the truck, got it for $800cdn and will sell the canopy and the fifth wheel hitch thats in it. also got 4 extra tires,2 are brand new and 4 extra steel wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
who knows, the hitch is in the bed. also a reciever hitch on the rear and the front. looks like electric brake module inside as well.
runs good, plenty of power. has 295K
interior is great, other than a saggy headliner. will get the canopy off tonight when my brother in law can help me lift it off.

·
<---1 of none!
6,583 Posts
too bad your in BC I am looking for a canopy like that

·
<---1 of none!
6,583 Posts
Also that side trim likes to come off so keep an eye on that. Very nice truck. take a look at the rear springs especially around the eyelet where the bolt goes through. I recently aquired a 96 and upon closer inspection one spring had a broken eyelet. I say this since mine had a hitch as well and you never know how much weight they where trying to load and pull

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there is no rust, thats a benifit of living on the coast i guess. we get no snow and don't use salt ont he roads.
here's another one of my dodge projects.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts