Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone here is running a real hid kit in the stock headlamp assembly. If so, how's the light pattern and did you have any difficulty in the install, specifially finding space. Also what kit did you go with, Philips, Xvision, etc?

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
supradakotaman said:
Just curious if anyone here is running a real hid kit in the stock headlamp assembly. If so, how's the light pattern and did you have any difficulty in the install, specifially finding space. Also what kit did you go with, Philips, Xvision, etc?
the draven lights that are listed on this site's headlights page uses true HID bulbs.

·
0 Posts
i just bought a set of True HID's from Lite Glow, i havnt installed them yet, but i'll let ya know when i do....

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, yeah post pics when they're in. Sincity i looked at those, but it said 1 grand for the hid kit alone, which i thought is way too much since most kits now average only 400-500 dollars, and personally i didn't like those draven lenses at all either :(

i found these Bohmen kits last night, says they're iso9003 approved (which is the highest approval from a sanctioning body worldwide) which is great since most other kits seem to be pretty generic and have no certification at all.

http://www.proxenon.com/

if i get those ill post the results.

·
Registered
92 Posts
yoy are talking the whole set up or replacement bulbs? I would love to get the true set up, but it's like $700.00 right

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
JST2SIC said:
yoy are talking the whole set up or replacement bulbs? I would love to get the true set up, but it's like $700.00 right
talking about the whole setup, the bulbs in stores labeled as "hid" for 20 bux aren't hid, just halogen bulbs filled with a small amount of xenon gas and a dyed glass which seems in my opinion to diminish the light output (i have a pair of "hyperwhite hid" bulbs that's why i say it's less output of light). I got the imitation bulbs because i just couldn't stand the yellowish color of stock bulbs, but they're so dim still, only they "look prettier". The kits have actually dropped in a huge way in price, now u can find em for as little as 300 bux, but on average 400, 500 or so. Another place i found selling kits is www.hidstore.com but those seem to be a generic brand with no certification or anything so it seems iffy. I guess i'm looking for a kit that specifically will give the most light output without blinding other drivers, and keeping the color as white (4000 to 6000k kits) as possible as opposed to that ultra purple and blue color (7000-up k). Plus above 6000k, the light output diminishes.

·
0 Posts
The kit i got was $300 and the bulbs are 8000k which is like a darker blue, getting close to purple, like BMWish.... they will be in on Wednesday, so i'll get some pics for you guys and i'll tell yas how they work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts