1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
120 Posts
yes I use those all the time to tow my little utility trailer they work great. the move around alittle because they are kinda big and with the wind they vibrate alittle but you can still see ok. I lilke them they have a nice look to them when they are on

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics of fit? pics of your mirrors? please and thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have these:

http://www.truckchamp.com/products/Towing-Mirror-Cipa-Slide-Over-Part-Number-10500.html

They look the same, just more money. They fit well on my 2000 Dakota, I'm not sure if your mounting is the same. They are a little shaky on mine, but that is more the fault of the stock mirror mounting than the tow mirrors. They work alright, don't look too bad - certainly not a clean stock look but good enough. I thought they were a little cheap looking for the price I paid, but look pretty good for the price I see on your link. The screw that tightens them down is plastic threaded into plastic but it seems to work fine. They haven't fallen off yet and I can see behind me towing the trailer. I didn't find anything better that I was willing to mount on my truck so I bought them - no regrets. Not as good of visability as the high priced ones that hook to the window channel and the bottom of the door, but better looking and these don't damage your window seal. Way better visability than the cheap mirror extentions that strap on with bungee type cords - I could hardly see with those. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have these:

http://www.truckchamp.com/products/Towing-Mirror-Cipa-Slide-Over-Part-Number-10500.html

They look the same, just more money. They fit well on my 2000 Dakota, I'm not sure if your mounting is the same. They are a little shaky on mine, but that is more the fault of the stock mirror mounting than the tow mirrors. They work alright, don't look too bad - certainly not a clean stock look but good enough. I thought they were a little cheap looking for the price I paid, but look pretty good for the price I see on your link. The screw that tightens them down is plastic threaded into plastic but it seems to work fine. They haven't fallen off yet and I can see behind me towing the trailer. I didn't find anything better that I was willing to mount on my truck so I bought them - no regrets. Not as good of visability as the high priced ones that hook to the window channel and the bottom of the door, but better looking and these don't damage your window seal. Way better visability than the cheap mirror extentions that strap on with bungee type cords - I could hardly see with those. Hope this helps.

i would buy these after reading that! thanks!

but i bought a cummins lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts